Sunday, January 9, 2011

Some flowers in my garden........

Cerinthe Major Purpurascens aka Blue Honeywort, Blue Waxflower or Blue Shrimp Plant


Hi, and thanks for visiting my Blog :-)

One of my other passions is taking botanical photographs, so I thought I would share some of my garden photos from time to time.

The first photo above is a plant called Blue Honeywort that I grew from seed and it has been flowering for many months.

This second photo is of my Wallflowers - taken from a few months ago - which was grown with a cutting from my late Father's garden - Dad was a keen gardener, so this plant has special significance to me.  Sorry I don't know the variety, but it is absolutely spectacular with the shades of purple, lilac and mustard yellow - and the bees absolutely LOVE it!!

Wallflowers - Erysimum

And the last photo below, are some of my anemones (there are freesias in the background) that I grew in Spring.  Aren't these colours just amazing!!  This is also a flower that my late father loved to plant in his garden. 

Double and single Anemones

Thanks again for stopping by!  Back tomorrow with a new card!

Jocelyn

5 comments:

Susan said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Than anemone photo would make a lovely card.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

wow Jobear! I missed this post before it is just amazing colour in these pictures there, you blow me away, what green thumb you are!! and how special that wallflower is, so glad you have it.. Have just post my post on brayer and Stampscapes, have you ever done any of them? they are so much fun and great for male cards too,
Love Shaz in a soggy north Oz.x (our feet are dry here thankfully, but praying for folks)

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Whoah! What a beautiful garden! Nothing growing here in St. Louis right now. I'm looking forward to spring flowers!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah, Jo-bear I see what you mean about the signature on these this is pretty cool play, so where do you buy the watermarks?? and do they come with this really jazzy script or was that you playing around with them?
love Shaz in oz.x

Lena95469 said...

love these flower pics! Im a big gardener , as I own a butterfly farm that sells live butterflies for releases .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...