Sunday, July 4, 2010

Peachy Keen Sleeping Teddy baby girl's card


Greetings and thanks for visiting :-)  Sssh - be very, very quiet - you don't want to wake the bear!

I suddenly realised that I hadn't uploaded this baby card to my Blog - just to my on-line galleries at Splitcoaststampers and Fat Cat's Card Corner.  Duhh!!  A close friend of mine has become a grandmother again to a baby girl, so this is the card I made for her.  Most of her grand-children are pretty much grown-up and this baby has been long-awaited by her son and DIL - so my friend is over-the-moon to have a new granddaughter in her life.  It seemed fitting to choose an image with a moon - isn't this image adorable?!!   I LOVE making baby cards - they are so much fun to make :-)

The image was stamped onto Watercolour paper and watercoloured with JoSonya Acrylic paints.  I lightly chalked around the image with blue Kaiser chalk, then added AI pink transparent glitter to the bear's hat and muzzle, plus the edge of the pink blanket, then added AI lemon transparent glitter to the edges of the star.  The tiny hearts (the leftover punchies from my Arrows border punch) on the sentiment have also been glittered and I ran my Tim Holtz Spun Sugar (pink) ink around the edge of the sentiment, then attached it to the panel with a yellow button brad.  The image is up on 1mm mounts (dimensionals).

This is the first time I ever done REAL stitching on the card, but I chickened out using my sewing machine - I thought the needle might get gummed up from the adhesive on the doublesided tape plus the panel is quite thick and thought I might ruin the card - so I simply pierced the holes with a paper piercer, then sat in front of the TV that evening and hand-stitched it while I watched my favorite shows.  I LOVE how it looks and will definitely do it again.

The paper flowers are from Enthaily Wholesale.  Aren't they pretty?!   I recently found this really great Australian supplier via their EBay listing and bought a little stash of flowers.  Enthaily Wholesale are an on-line 'his & hers' retailer, ie: they sell craft for the girls and car hoses for the boys all on the same website and are based in Queensland.  They have a big range of flowers: roses & rose buds, dahlias, lilies, forget-me-nots, daisies, orchids, mini blossoms, floral stamens, holly, all different types of leaves, some very cute buttons & lots of other stuff.  I have no connection to them - was just very happy with their service and prices plus they carefully wrapped my flowers so they wouldn't get squashed in the post and I like that you can buy a small quantity or in bulk.

I glued the flowers down with a fabulous new glue called "Crafter's Pick 601104 Incredibly Tacky Glue" that I bought from Gosford Hobbies in NSW.  Bev Rochester from her All the Things I love blog recommended it for attaching embellies so I sourced an Australian supplier.  The glue is really, really great - my flowers are really stuck down and haven't moved an inch even though they've been poked, prodded and 'felt' by my 7 yo DD much to my consternation!!
 
Thanks for stopping by - back in a few days with a new creation.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Peachy Keen: PK-250 Sleeping Teddy, Impression Obsession: Sentiments 1 WP16 

Designer Paper:  Basic Grey Two Scoops - dreamsicle 

Ink:  Stazon Jet black, Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress 

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Tiny Tags die set, Textile embossing folder, Punches: Martha Stewart Pinking scallop & EK Success Arrows border, pink and lemon Art Institute Transparent Glitter from Shabby Chic set, Art Institute designer dries clear adhesive, tiny button brad (from Target), lemon button, pink sewing thread, paper piercer, Spellbinder Circle Nestabilities, 140lb/300gsm Watercolour paper, JoSonya acrylic paints, paint brushes, 1cm wide gingham ribbon, 15mm roses + 25mm mulberry paper blossoms - Enthaily Wholesale, Crafter's Pick Incredibly Tacky Glue, Kaisercolour chalks, 1mm mounts (dimensionals), Cardstock: lemon, pink

3 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Jo how beautiful this is! gorgeous colouring and you did so well at sewing the edges by hand - that made the corners look so neat compared to how mine always look done with the machine!! Thank you too for the site with the gorgeous flowers and the outlet too for the great glue. I am wanting a good glue for flowers.

Sarah said...

Jocelyn this card is absolutely beautiful! The image is adorbale and beautifully coloured. I can't believe you've stitched that by hand, it's so neat!
xx :0)

Denise Marzec said...

My goodness, that is SOOOOOO adorable!! Love everything about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...