Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Lawn Fawn Spooktacular Halloween Card!


Hi everyoneSmiley from Millan.Net 

Just stopping in to share the Halloween card that I gave to my daughter.  It's not often that I start and finish a card on the same day - but I knew exactly what I wanted to do and CASEd the layout and basic design from THIS card that I originally saw on someone's blog but made a few changes:



I have been recently playing around with doing Galaxy Distress Ink backgrounds and thought I would try one using Halloween colours  ie: orange, green, purple and black - so I chose Carved Pumpkin, Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron and Black Soot.  I smooshed the inks onto my craft mat and sprayed them with water then dabbed them onto my Ranger watercolour cardstock with a large round paintbrush.  I didn't want to dip the cardstock into the colours as I would normally do because I knew the colours would turn a muddy brown if they mixed too much together.  I did several layers and dried each layer off with my heat gun.  

I used my Ranger round ink blending tool and Black Soot Distress Ink and went over the whole piece then dried it off again with my heat tool.  Galaxy backgrounds always look like a hot mess before you add the stars but you just have to keep going and not be tempted to bin it!   I spritzed the cardstock with clean water and blotted it up with a paper towel then splattered the cardstock using watered-down white acrylic paint and an old toothbrush then dried the panel off again with my heat-gun. 

All the images and the sentiment are from the Lawn Fawn stamp/die set 'Spooktacular'.  I stamped the images onto Ranger watercolour cardstock using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink and coloured them with Derwent Inktense pencils and a #2 round paintbrush.  I added Clear Wink of Stella to the ghost, fangs on the bat, the eyes and mouth on the pumpkin and the moon - alas, not captured by the camera. 

The sentiment was stamped using Versamark Watermark ink and heat-set using Stampin' Up White embossing powder.  The designer paper for the side panel is by Graphic 45 - Abracadabra from their 'An Eerie Tale Collection' from 2014 and was diecut using a My Favorite Things Stitched Interactive Window Trio die and my Big Shot.  Because this die only diecuts 3 sides of the square and the 4th is just a crease line, I trimmed this line with my craft knife.  The squares are meant to be like a peek-a-boo window that you open up.  I like how the die cuts the stitching detail on the outside of the window for a bit of interest.  I rounded the corners of the panel using a 1/8" Corner Chomper.

I tied on the Darice twine then glued the green panel and the moon to my galaxy background using Tombow Mono Multi glue then glued the images inside and just tucked them into the panel as the glue was still wet which made it easy.

Lastly, I glued the finished panel to a dark purple card base. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Spooktacular LF698

Ink:  Versamark Watermark, Ranger Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress inks - Carved Pumpkin, Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Black Soot

Designer Paper:  Graphic 45 Abracadabra - An Eerie Tale Collection (2014) 12" x 12" 

Dies:  Lawn Fawn Spooktacular LFT699, My Favorite Things Stitched Interactive Window Trio MFT-741

Accessories:  Big Shot, Darice Hemp twine, Derwent Inktense pencils, paintbrushes, Tombow Mono Multi glue, heat-gun, Stampin' Up white embossing powder, embossing buddy, Couture Creations non-stick craft mat, JoSonja white acrylic paint, old toothbrush, WRMK Corner Chomper, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush, cardstock - deep purple, Ranger watercolour



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...