Sunday, July 7, 2024

Stamperia Brocante Antiques Birthday Card

 
Hi everyone 😊

Today I am sharing a Birthday Card that I made for my daughter's birthday:


I am popping this card into the following Challenges:

Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday F4A727 - Feature something that begins with the letter B  (mine is the Bear of course)!

Crafty Catz - Challenge #675 - Anything Goes with Optional Twist of Embellishments (I used the flower and heart sparklets)

I LOVED making this card!  The images in the Stamperia Brocante Antiques release are just sooooo beautiful and when Stamperia recently released this range, I couldn't WAIT to get my hands on it.  I especially love all the teddy bear images because I knitted a teddy bear for my daughter's birthday and it just seemed like a match made in heaven.

The main image was diecut from one of the 12" x 12" papers using a Lifestyle Nesting Circle die and my Big Shot.  I layered the image onto pink and teal designer paper from the same Stamperia range.  The teal paper was diecut using a Lifestyle Nesting Scalloped Circle die.

I punched the bottom designer paper panel using a Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Punch then embossed the entire panel with a Cuttlebug Jamara embossing folder which added some lovely texture to the card.  I added the seam binding in two separate elements; the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.   I added some Fray Stop to the edges of the ribbon because it frays so easily.  I glued on a flower from my stash using Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive then brushed on some Wink of Stella Clear Glitter for some sparkle.  

I ink blended every panel on the card with Antique Linen Distress Ink and my ink blending tool.  I recently purchased some domed foam pads for ink blending and I have found them easier to ink blend than the flat circle pads.  I don't get any harsh lines like I used to.

Note that I added scraps of white cardstock underneath the layers on my card for dimension instead of using dimensionals or self-adhesive foam pads.

The sentiment is from a retired Kaisercraft Miss Betty paper pad which was originally released in February 2018 and is one of my all-time favourite releases.  All Kaisercraft pads have sentiments at the back of their pads which come in very handy.  I layered the sentiment onto some designer paper then added some Wink of Stella to the button.   

Kaisercraft don't have anywhere near the amount of releases or even the range of cardmaking/scrapbooking products like they used to.   I miss their Workshop Magazine, their blog, Design Team samples, co-ordinating products and Beyond the Page.   I used to love going to my nearest Kaisercraft store and immersing myself in the experience.  I knew the Manager and she personally did loads of samples and put together kits - it was wonderful because you felt really inspired and you wanted to buy their products.  I can't understand why they don't at least promote their scrapbooking/cardmaking products to encourage creativity which would generate sales.  It's like it's a forgotten part of their business whilst they are busy promoting handbags, soap and baby toys.  Makes me sad 😢😢  Anyway, I am digressing.......

The hearts on the top RHS are by Kaisercraft (another retired product line) which matched the card perfectly (LOVE it when that happens!).  I glued them on using Helmar 450 glue.  

Once I had finished the card front, I glued it onto a brown cardstock base.

I decorated the card inside:


The sentiment is by Stampin' Up from their Sweet Ice Cream set and was stamped using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink onto cream cardstock then diecut with my Lifestyle Nesting Circle and Scalloped Circle dies.  I added some tiny hearts which are the leftover punchies from my EK Success Arrows Border Punch (if you are a regular visitor to my blog, you know that I have been using these tiny leftover punchies as hearts for a VERY long time!)

All the panels were ink-blended with Antique Linen Distress Ink and all the layers on the card front and inside were trimmed to 1/8" using my We R Memory Keepers Layer Guides.

The '21' was diecut from rose gold metallic cardstock and Lawn Fawn Finley's 123 dies which I have had forever but are still available from Lawn Fawn.  I know the 21 looks a little dark but it is definitely rose gold metallic cardstock.

I made a tag as well:


I handcut a tag from the Stamperia Brocante Antiques designer paper then layered it onto some designer paper then handcut it and ink-blended the tag with Antique Linen Distress Ink.

On the back of the tag, I added a rub-on using the Stamperia Brocante Antiques Rub On set then ink-blended the tag with Antique Linen Distress Ink:

I punched a hole using a 1/4" hole punch then added some fibres from the yarn I used for the hand-knitted teddy bear that I made which you can see here:


The teddy bear is a pattern from a Family Circle Magazine dated June 2021.  I knitted the bear using King Cole Truffle DK yarn in the colour 'Cookie Dough'.  It was the hardest thing I have ever knitted but I am so pleased with how it turned it.  I knitted a scarf in Fisherman's Rib using Moda Vera Starlight 8 ply yarn which I bought from Spotlight.

I really struggled with trying to do the nose with black yarn.  I got it crooked and uneven twice and had to keep pulling it out and was worried I was going to damage the muzzle and maybe put a hole in it - and then I had a brainwave and diecut black felt with a Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities die and glued it on using Helmars Fabric Glue.   I was ever-so-pleased with how it looked.  I just love that you can use dies for more than just cardstock and paper!

Popped in two 8mm Black Safety Eyes and stuffed the bear with Polyester Fibrefill.

We had a lovely birthday celebration and went to a cafe for lunch and to a local RSL for the evening meal then a homemade chocolate cake with chocolate frosting at home. 

Phew!  That was a long blog post!  Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe - Front:

Stamps:  None

Ink:  Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink

Designer Paper:  Stamperia Brocante Antiques 12" x 12" pad + Backgrounds 8" x 8" pad, Kaisercraft Miss Betty 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad (retired)

Accessories:  Big Shot, Cuttlebug Jamara Embossing Folder (retired), Ink Blending Tool and Domed Foam Pads, Paper Flower, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush, Light Teal Seam Binding, Fray Stop, Bow Easy, WRMK Layer Guides, Kaisercraft Trimmer, Kaisercraft Sparklets - Hearts RS420 (retired), Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive + Fabric Glue, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Cardstock: scraps of white, brown card base

Dies:  Lifestyle Nesting Circles + Nesting Scalloped Circles
 
Punches:  Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge


Card Recipe - Inside:

Stamps:  Stampin' Up! Sweet Ice Cream #154456

Ink:  Versafine Vintage Sepia, Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink

Designer Paper:  Stamperia Brocante Antiques 12" x 12" pad + Backgrounds 8" x 8" pad

Accessories:  Big Shot, Ink Blending Tool and Domed Foam Pads, WRMK Layer Guides, Cardstock - cream, rose gold metallic

Dies:  Lifestyle Nesting Circles + Nesting Scalloped Circles, Lawn Fawn Finley's 123s #LF770

Punches:  EK Success Arrows Border


Tag Recipe:

Stamps:  None

Ink:  Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink

Designer Paper:  Stamperia Brocante Antiques 12" x 12" pad

Accessories:  Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Ink Blending Tool and Domed Foam Pads, 1/4" Hole Punch, Fibres from Knitted Bear, Stamperia Brocante Antiques Rub-On DFLRB76, Cardstock - Cream


Knitted Bear:

Pattern:  Family Circle Magazine - June 2021

Yarn:  King Cole Truffle DK - Cookie Dough, Cleckheaton 5 ply - black (for embroidery), Moda Vera Starlight 8 ply

Needles:  4mm

Accessories:  Sewing up needle, Polyester Fiberfill Stuffing, 8mm Black Safety Eyes, Big Shot, Black Felt

Dies:  Spellbinder Oval Nestabilities

No comments: