Monday, August 31, 2026

Kaisercraft Dandelions Thankful Card

 
Hi friends,

Today I am sharing my Splitcoaststampers Fan Club Design Team Card for the February theme of Good People - and one of the suggested interpretations was cards inspired by someone you admire.  I am inspired by my sister-in-law who is the kindest person I know.  She is very humble and caring and I am so thankful for her in my life.  

Now that it is 6+ months since the challenge went live, I can share my card online.


The main image was trimmed from one of the 12" x 12" papers.  I layered the image onto a dark blue sheet of designer paper and added a 1/16" border using my WRMK Perfect Layers Guides.  I added some Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush to the fluffy parts of the dandelions - technically called pappus - which looks so pretty in real life.  All the designer papers, other than the main image, are from the smaller paper pad.

I added Silver Brads to the layers underneath the main image, then popped up those layers using scraps of white cardstock.

I kept the card unfussy otherwise just to let the main image take centre stage.

Finished size is:  5-5/8" x 4-1/8" or 143mm x 105mm.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Papers:  Kaisercraft Dandelions 12" x 12" + 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" Paper Pad

Accessories:  Tombow Mono Multi, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush, Silver Brads, We R Memory Keepers Perfect Layers Guides, Scraps of White Cardstock, Uniquely Creative White Card Base


No comments: