Friday, October 9, 2026

Kaisercraft Flower Shoppe Swing (Flip Flop) Card

 
Hi everyone,

This was my Splitcoaststampers Design Team Card for the March Fan Club Challenge of Dancing through Life and one of the suggested tutorials to try was a new-to-me Fun Fold Card called a Swing or Flip-Flop Card.  I followed the tutorial here on Splitcoaststampers.  I surprised myself by cutting and scoring it correctly the very first time as I do struggle a little with anything that isn't your regular score-in-the-middle card.  Beate's instructions were really good and having a video as well really helped.

Now that the challenge was 6+ months ago, I can share my card online.

Here is the card closed up:


Now, when you open it, the image on the other side swings around to the front.  Cool, isn't it?!


Now, when you move the card, the other side swings around.  I kept playing with it because it is so fun 😀


All the designer papers are by Kaisercraft - Flower Shoppe which were released November 2020.  The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is from the matching Collectables - Flower Shoppe Sentiment CT989.  I popped the sentiment up on 1mm dimensionals.  The butterfly was fussy-cut using my Uniquely Creative Fussy Cutting Scissors and I glued just the middle section down so I could pop up the wings for dimension.  I added 3 x Kaisercraft SB701 Self-Adhesive Soft Pink  Rhinestones underneath the sentiment but added a dot of Art Glitter Glue underneath so the rhinestones didn't move.  I don't find glue dots stick well enough for me and they slip down over time.

The bicycle is from the matching Collectables CT983 and was glued down using Tombow Mono Multi Glue.  The 'Oh Happy Day' sentiment is from the CT983 Collectables but I trimmed it down a little as it was too big for the space.  I used my Bow Easy to tie a bow with 1/8" wide White Organza Ribbon then glued it to the flower pot using Helmar's Fabric Glue.  I love how it added some softness to the main image panel.  Finishing touches were Uniquely Creative Clear Sparkle Pen to the flowers on the bicycle and the butterfly.

If you look at my 3rd photo, you will see that I glued a small piece of White Cardstock on the RHS of the sentiment panel so I could write a small message to the recipient but this isn't visible from the front when the flap in closed - see photo 1.

Finished size is:  6-3/4" x 5-1/2" or 171mm x 140mm.

Why not have a go at making at making this Swing/Flip-Flop Card yourself?  If I can do it the first time I try it, I am positive that you will too.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Papers:  Kaisercraft Flower Shoppe 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" Pad + matching Collectables CT898 Flower Shoppe Sentiment Set + CT983 Flower Shoppe Regular

Accessories:  Score Board, Kaisercraft Trimmer, Kaisercraft Soft Pink Rhinestones SB701, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Art Glitter Glue, Helmar's Fabric Glue, 1mm Dimensionals, Bow Easy, 1/8" wide White Organza Ribbon, Uniquely Creative Clear Sparkle Pen, Uniquely Creative Fussy Cutting Scissors, Cardstock - White and Powder Blue


No comments: