Monday, March 29, 2010

Crafts Too: Leafy Tree - Sympathy Card #1





Hi everyone - 'Happy Monday' and thanks for stopping by :-)

We learnt of the passing of the brother of a close family friend yesterday, so I had to make several Sympathy Cards to pop in the post today.  Since I started doing the Clean and Simple Challenges on Splitcoaststampers (SCS), I have been learning how to do simple and unfussy cards - not that I find it easy - I really have to restrain myself from fussing over my cards.  I have put this in the SCS's Gallery: CAS37 Challenge of 'With Sympathy'.

This card uses the beautiful Crafts Too (UK) 'Leafy Tree' embossing folder - I really love this folder and the best thing is that they fit in the Cuttlebug using the same sandwich as Cuttlebug embossing folders.  

There isn't much to explain about the card.  I corner-punched the white cardstock layers and the sentiment panel has been popped up on 1mm mounts (dimensionals).  I punched 2 hearts with my Carl CP-8 Heart duo punch and added some very fine white glitter to the hearts - you probably can't see the glitter in the photo, but the hearts aren't meant to stand out too much - just wanted to add a little 'extra but not-too-fussy something' to the card to draw your eye to the sentiment panel.

I wrapped the ribbon around the 2nd layer of cardstock, then made a bow with my Bow Easy and attached it to the ribbon with a glue dot.

I'll be back tomorrow with the 2nd Sympathy card I made.

Jocelyn

Card Recipe: 

Stamps: Sentiment from: Wendy Irving Expressions J6412.01 clear stamp set 

Ink: Stazon Jet Black 

Accessories: Cuttlebug, Crafts Too 'Leafy Tree' embossing folder, Punches: Carl CP6 corner, CP-8 heart duo, 1mm mounts, Spellbinder Oval Nestabilities, 3/8"-10mm wide white organza ribbon, Bow Easy, .008 fine white glitter, glue dots, Cardstock: white 

3 comments:

Sam said...

What a lovely card Jocelyn...for such a sad occasion :-(.

That embossed tree is divine. Gonna have to keep my eye out for one.

Hugs,
Sam.

ikki said...

Hi Jocelyn, thanks for getting in touch, and sorry to hear about your friends loss. Sympathy cards are alway difficult but you have designed an apopropriate, but simple and classy card to show you care.

Well done on starting your own blog. Apart from the Bug, we have something in common - love of ironing!(lol) I will be delighted to put one of your cards into my FFG, you need do no more - I will copy and paste and do the rest. Thanks again for supporting the Cupboard, I will link my post back to you so you will get visits from my visitors, and if you ever get inspired by anything I do and use it, I would appreciate you mentioning the Cupboard. Good luck with your blog, I'm sure it will become very popular, so the more cards posts the better! ikki x

Unknown said...

Jocelyn - I just found you after seeing this card featured on Ikki's Friday followers post... I have to say that it is absolutely stunning and inspired way of using that folder which I have - I would never have thought of using it for this purpose and you have really inspired me to make some similar cards to have to hand - like you said in another one of your posts - when you HAVE to make one, you rarely feel like it - or feel inspired, so thank you so much for this - I genuinely mean it. Well done.

I'm just sorry for the loss your friend suffered in order to force your hand into making it...

Paula x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...