Friday, March 26, 2010

Penny Black: For you! - Woof!


Hi!  Thanks for stopping by.  It's Friday night here where I live and the end of Term 1 at school for my DD.  Woo hoo!  It will be sooooo nice to have a break from the school-run for 2 weeks.  And we'll be able to have lots of fun crafting together.

I made this card for my nephew's birthday and also for the very first F4A1 Challenge on Splitcoaststampers of: 'Textures, Colors and Patterns'.  See this link for the deets:  F4A1 Challenge   My pattern is the designer paper and the checks on the ribbon; the texture is the glitter on the present; and the colour I don't use very often is orange (which is on the present bow and there are very thin orange stripes on the designer paper).

This is also for the 'Ways to use it Challenge' WT167 on Splitcoaststampers of 'Masculine Cards'.  See this link for the deets:  WT167 Masculine Challenge.

Masculine cards are certainly a challenge for me - but I'm pretty fortunate that most of the men/boys in my extended family like dogs so most of their cards have a dog on them (hope they don't get tired of them!).  I really love the Penny Black 'Margaret Sherry' dogs - they are just so cute and always bring a smile to my face.

The image has been coloured with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.  I stamped the image again and cut out just the present and popped it up on dimensionals (mounts).  I added some fine blue glitter to the present to add a bit of pizazz to the card.   I chalked around the image for the sky and ground with my Kaisercolour chalks.   The image panel has also been popped up on dimensionals.  Lastly, I used my paper piercer to punch holes for the 3 'The Paper Studio - brown dog's paws' brads.  Aren't they just the sweetest brads?! :-)

Have a great weekend and thanks for having a peek at my card!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Dog - Penny Black 3446E 'For you!'  Sentiment - from Crafter's Companion Popcorn the Bear 'Someone Special' unmounted set 

Designer Paper:  Bo Bunny Pet Shop Sweater

Accessories:  Very fine blue glitter, 1mm mounts (ie: dimensionals), Gamsol, Prismacolor pencils, paper stumps, paper piercer, Kaisercolour chalks, The Paper Studio: brown pawpad brads, brown grosgrain ribbon, blue gingham ribbon, Cardstock: white, blue, brown 

3 comments:

Sam said...

Cute card Jo! Love the doggy image and your colouring looks lovely.

Have a great weekend!
Sam.

Denise Marzec said...

Hehe, too cute!

Mary said...

Very cute, love the coloring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...