Friday, June 14, 2013

LOTV Teddy Topper birthday card with heart banner


Hi blogging friends From Millan.Net

The card I am sharing today is for my great-niece's 8th birthday later in July and is my card for the Divas by Design Challenge of 'Happy Birthday'.  It is my first time playing their challenge and I love that you don't have to use a stamped/digi image and you can make anything you want.  I find it difficult to find challenges where it is OK to use a topper.  You can find more details on the challenge HERE.

The main image is a an adorable topper from Lili of the Valley but I just checked their website and they don't sell this particular topper anymore; in fact, none of the toppers that I have in my stash are there and it doesn't seem that long to me since they released their Mini Masterpieces (?) - oh well!   LOTV do have an Outlet Store on EBay UK HERE and have a lot of different toppers listed so you might be lucky enough to find this particular topper amongst the listings somewhere. 
 
I added Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue to the ribbon around the cake, the candle flames, the cheeks on the teddies plus all the confetti - not that you can see the glitter very well in the photo due to the gloomy weather.  I took the photo inbetween showers of rain - and boy, it sure has rained here ALOT these past 2 weeks which has been fantastic after such a dry autumn.  I love going to sleep with the sound of rain on the roof - so soothing.


When I was at the Picture to Page Scrapbooking Show in May, I bought a La-La Land Heart Banner die which I have wanted for ages but every time I went to buy it online, it was out-of stock:  it must be popular - and I am not surprised as it is so pretty, don't you think?!   I did fiddle around with the Heart Banner die a bit and originally had a white banner with pink hearts but it just seemed to disappear into the designer paper background so switched to pink with white hearts - plus the diecut had four flags and I cut one off because it fitted around my main panel better.  I added Kindyglitz to the white hearts and added a pink rhinestone to each end of the banner and popped the banner up on dimensionals so it would be the same height as the main image panel.
 
The pink cardstock is by Coredinations and is from the Gemstones range - Pink Diamond - and has a lovely metallic sheen - so PRETTY!
 
For the bottom panel, I diecut the pink cardstock using a Nellie Snellen Lace Edge border die and my Big Shot.  I added a Scor-Pal line above this border so I had a nice straight edge to butt the designer paper up against.  The pink ribbon was added in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.   I added Fray Stop to the cut ends to stop them from fraying.
 
The sentiment was stamped using Memento London Fog (grey) dye ink which looked 'softer' than stamping it in black and I think, looks nicer with the image.  I added 3 pink rhinestones underneath the sentiment then popped this panel up on dimensionals.  I can't for the life of me find the sentiment on the LOTV website which came in a set - perhaps it has been discontinued too (?).....sigh.....
 
All the borders were trimmed to 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.
 
Finished size is 5-1/2" square or approximately 140mm if you are metric.
 
Thanks for visiting my blog today From Millan.Net
 
Jocelyn


Card Recipe:
 
Stamps:  Sentiment by Lili of the Valley UK - possibly retired
 
Ink:  Memento London Fog dye
 
Designer Paper:  Best Creation - Once upon a dream
 
Accessories:  Perfect Layers Tools, Big Shot, Spellbinder Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Nellie Snellen Lace Edge border die MFD023, La-La Lands Heart Banner die #8026, Scor-Pal, Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue, ribbon, Fray Stop, Bow Easy, Kaisercraft SB701 pink rhinestones, dimensionals, cardstock - white, Coredinations Gemstones pink diamond, Lili of the Valley teddy topper (retired)
 
Punches:  Stampin' Up corner

4 comments:

Merry said...

That is a sweet card and i have to agree that is a wonderful banner die. I will have to keep my eye out for that. Sorry to take so long but thank you so much for the info on the little Japanese Girl image. I have finally updated my post with all your info. Things are so busy at the mo. Our son has been visiting this week with his girlfriend which has been lovely and next week we head into a couple months of renovations. So I am and will be slow on blogging but still love catching up on what you are doing. :-)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Jobear knew you were drowning or your garden was down there could see it on the weather.. think and pray for you :D

and oh this is so cute have some of the LOTV toppers, but not this one and love the card you have created with all its details!! (oh did not know some challenges you cant use toppers not sure if had realsied this in ones have entered :D)

I love the banner pink with white hearts! great touch..

I am beginning to think I need a banner die, I nearly bought one the other day as they had one at 1-2-3 stitch where had that voucher was but blew it and more so crossed it off my list :D

ah well must move along been on here forever, just need to sort out verses for a card,then done!

Thanks for sharing and every blessing dear friend, Shaz in Oz.x

Jackie said...

What a delightful card and so pretty in pink :o)
Jackie xx

Wendy said...

Adorable and so gorgeous...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design this week and hope to see you again.
Wendy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...