Sunday, December 29, 2013

Penny Black Christmas Friends Christmas card


Hi blogging friends From Millan.Net

Today I am sharing my final Christmas card for 2013 which was one that I made for my wonderful husband.   I am very fortunate that my husband doesn't mind cute and adorable images on his cards so that gives me a plethora of images to choose from!


The image is from the Penny Black clear set:  Christmas Friends, and was stamped using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink and coloured using a mix of Tombow pens and watercolour pencils.  I actually messed up the colouring on the hedgehog's scarf so I re-stamped the image onto the same designer paper I used on the side panel and fussy-cut the scarf and glued it over the messed-up scarf.  I often forget about paper-piecing my images so it was a good reminder to myself to do it a little more often!  I added some grey shading using a Tombow Pen to give the scarf a little bit of 'life'.

I chalked around the image with blue chalk for the sky and brown/grey chalk for the ground.

I added some Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue to the mistletoe that the robin is holding as well as the centres on the tiny snowflakes on the sentiment (not that you can see it in the photo!).  I also added red rhinestones to each side of the sentiment circle.

The green cardstock layers were trimmed to 1/16" using my Perfect Layers Tools; the red cardstock layers were trimmed to 1/8".

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black Christmas Friends clear set PB-30-084, Lili of the Valley (UK) Christmas Circular Sentiments Set 5 # SET005

Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black

Designer paper:  Kaisercraft Santa's List (2013)

Accessories:  140lb watercolour paper, Big Shot, Lifestyle Nesting Circle + Nesting Scallop Circle dies, Kaszazz 43mm circle punch, Perfect Layers Tools, Tombow Pens, Faber-Castell + Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils, paintbrush, Doodlebug Ladybug twine, Fray Stop, red rhinestones (from stash), Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue,  Kaisercraft chalks, cardstock - red, green

Punches:  Fiskars Scallop border

4 comments:

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card. I have been known to cover my mess with a second stamped piece before now :o)
Jackie xx

Olga said...

Very cute card. The coloring and the paper piercing on the scarf are adorable.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful card Jobear and so agree with your comment on paper piecing. I love it and dont use it enough, too. Shaz in Oz.x

Merry said...

This is lovely Jocelyn....beautiful papers and wonderful colouring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...