Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Memory Box Springtime Bunnies Easter card


Hi everyoneSmiley from Millan.Net

Today I am sharing a card that I made for my daughter for Easter which I made on Easter Saturday.


This is also my card for the following Challenges:

Crafty Catz Challenge #366 - Anything goes with an optional twist of Animals

Splitcoaststampers - Free for All F4A369 - Think Spring

The adorable images (other than the butterfly) are by Memory Box from their Springtime Bunnies and Birthday Bunnies stamp sets.  Specifically, the bow and the carrot are from the Birthday Bunnies set and the eggs, both bunnies, basket of eggs and sentiment are from Springtime Bunnies.  I have had these 2 sets for a while and been itching to make a card with them.  The butterfly and the trail are from the Lawn Fawn Chirpy Chirp Chirp set.

I stamped the images onto Ranger Watercolour cardstock using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink then coloured the images using Derwent Inktense pencils and a #2 round paintbrush.  I have been very out-of-practice doing any colouring of late so I had a few attempts before I was happy with the final result.  I diecut all the images with the matching dies.

The sky and lawn are from the latest release 6" x 6" pad by Lawn Fawn - Watercolour Wishes.  I diecut the lawn using a Lawn Fawn Simple Stitched Hillside border die then attached it to the sky then ran it through my Bigshot using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die.

I drew on a few extra lines of my butterfly trail with a Copic black multiliner pen as the stamped line wasn't quite long enough.

The rainbow paper is also by Lawn Fawn - Perfectly Plaid Rainbow from their 6" x 6" pad.  I diecut the bottom using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop borders die just to add a bit of interest. 

The twine is from KMart (Australia) which came in a pack of 5 plain colours.  It's very thin compared to other twines but I really like the colours  Lastly, I added some sparkle using a Wink of Stella Clear glitter brush to all the eggs, bow, butterfly and the bunny cheeks - which as always, is very hard to see in the photo but looks really pretty in real life :-) The eggs are popped up on dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Memory Box - Springtime Bunnies and Birthday Bunnies, Lawn Fawn - Chirpy Chirp Chirp

Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black

Designer Paper:  Lawn Fawn Watercolour Wishes and Perfectly Plaid Rainbow 6" x 6" pads

Accessories:  Big Shot, Tombow Mono Multi glue, dimensionals, twine (KMart), Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush, Copic black multiliner, Derwent Inktense pencils, #2 round paintbrush, Ranger watercolour cardstock

Dies:  Memory Box - Springtime Bunnies and Birthday Bunnies, Lawn Fawn Chirpy Chirp Chirp, Lawn Fawn Simple Stitched Hillside Borders, Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle, Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop Borders die



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jocelyn, this is stunning ! I love lawn fawn and you have made a fab card xx

Merry said...

This is such a cheery Easter card Jocelyn…wonderful work.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Jobear, mm I saw the twine at Kmart, looked it too, but didn't buy any. It wasn't plain here but mixed with white and I've enough like that.
You could almost call this a Lawn Fawn card, it's really great work!!! Sooo cute.
It's lovely to see you creating. I'm guessing you're not that well as you've not been blogging much at all. Sending big hugs dear Jobear and praying for you all every day... pray you're mum is well too... must pm you.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...