Friday, November 2, 2018

Happy Halloween - a new card from me


Hi everyone,

Apologies for my long absence.  Blogging has taken a backseat this year unfortunately and now, suddenly, it is November and the Christmas decorations are in the stores!  They say that time speeds up as you get older but I didn't think it would speed up this much!  I also wonder whether people still visit blogs anymore or whether they just use different social platforms like Facebook or Instagram(?).  Aside from my Gallery on Splitcoaststampers, I am part of a few Facebook Cardmaking Groups but also share the occasional card on Instagram which are quick and easy ways of doing it without doing a blog post - plus it is fun to see what others are creating with stamp sets that I have.  And we only have so much time to look at various sharing platforms.

Anyhoo, I made this Halloween card for my daughter and it was super-easy to make:  I made it in less than an hour which is probably a record for me!

This is also my card for the following Challenges.  Click on the underlined links for more details about the Challenges:

Diecuttin' Divas Weekly Challenge - Challenge 393 - Anything Goes
Always Fun Challenge 82 - Halloween


The sky was made using Ranger Distress Inks in various colours.  I wet my Ranger watercolour cardstock with water then smooshed my Distress inks onto an acrylic block and used a #8 flat paintbrush to paint strokes of each colour.  I dried it with a heat tool then repeated the process to intensify the colour and I love how vibrant it turned out.  The haunted house, tree, gravestones, pumpkin and bats are all one die by Impression Obsession - Halloween Hill and I diecut it out of black cardstock using my Big Shot - but I did cut off the far RHS of the diecut (which was a cat and 2 more gravestones) as I wanted to make a smaller card.  I diecut the ghosts from white cardstock using the Memory Box Ghastly Ghosts 98701 dies and added Wink of Stella clear glitter to them to make them sparkle - alas not captured by the camera.  I also added Wink of Stella to the windows in the house and the pumpkin face.

The greeting is by Hero Arts - Happy Halloween CL353 and was stamped using Versamark Watermark ink and heat embossed using Stampin' Up white embossing powder.  I used a powder tool first so I wouldn't have any stray embossing powder that would really show up on the black cardstock. I attached the main panel onto some more black cardstock and trimmed the edges to 1/4" using my Perfect Layers Tools, then mounted that onto a white card base with edges trimmed to 1/16".  Lastly, I used an old stiff bristled paintbrush and white acrylic paint to dry-brush highlights on the black elements on the card.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Hero Arts Happy Halloween CL353 clear set

Ink:  Versamark Watermark, Ranger Distress inks

Dies:  Impression Obsession Halloween Hill, Memory Box Ghastly Ghosts 98701

Accessories:  Big Shot, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Stampin' Up white embossing powder, heat tool, white acrylic paint, #8 flat paintbrush, stiff bristle brush, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush, Perfect Layers Tools, powder tool, cardstock - Ranger watercolour, black, white, white cardstock base



3 comments:

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi dear Jobear.. woweee!! How nice to hear from you in blogland and see some of your bright colours work.. the intensity of the DI is wonderful in tge background I love it!!
Every time I come to your name on my prayer list and your dear ones I wonder how you are all travelling. I pray you're ok..
I'm on Instagram user name is gumnut66. But don't post much on there. Just photos around place.
I still love a blog and blogging and developing friendships that way. Never took to Splitcoast although am member there too.
Not sure what your profile is on Instagram but would love if ypu linked up there as then can see your work there too. 😊❤
Am on FB under my real name.. if want to link up there. I belong to cardmaking group there too
Love Shaz in Oz. X

Waleska said...

amazing background!!!great cards thanks for participating in the Always Fun Challenges blog!!!
Waleska DT owner

Merry said...

Hi Jocelyn, how wonderful to see a post from you. My blogging has also slowed tremendously. I discovered today that it is ten years since I started blogging. I was looking at earlier posts and seeing comments from people that no longer blog. I do miss seeing their creations. I too use Facebook for a crafting group and pinterest I love this card. The colours are amassing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...