Friday, December 28, 2018

Helz Cuppleditch Christmas Village decoupage card!


Hi everyoneSmiley from Millan.Net

Yes, it's another decoupage (aka paper tole) Christmas card.  Thought I had better share all my Christmas cards before the end of December and the Christmas tree and decorations get packed away.  It's my 3rd post in this past week - the most I have done in the past year!  Currently, we are having a heatwave where we live and it was 41°Celsius (105.8° Fahrenheit) yesterday and very hot again today so it is definitely indoor weather with the airconditioning on full blastSmiley from Millan.Net  

This card uses the most recently released Helz Cuppleditch Christmas collection called 'Christmas Village'

I am also popping my card into the following Challenges (click on the underlined links to take you to the Challenges):

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 417 which is 'Anything Goes' (as long as it's Christmas) and the optional theme is to use the word 'Christmas'.

Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday F4A460 - Holiday Card Show Off 2018 which is to show off your Christmas, Hanukkah, Winter or Holiday cards.


The decoupage images came already diecut so it was easy to just pop out the pieces and put them together using dimensionals.

The designer papers are also from the same Helz Cuppleditch collection - other than the red layer which is by TPC Studio - Christmas Cheer Ribbon Candy Stripe which I bought on clearance from Riot Art and Craft.  I added the main image panel onto the red paper and trimmed it to 1/16" using my Perfect Layers Tools then rounded the corners using my Corner Chomper to match the main panel.  

I added a punched border from cream cardstock to the bottom panel using an EK Success Scalloped Scallop punch and trimmed the top part of the panel to 1/8".  I added the teal organza ribbon in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made using my Bow Easy.  I attached the bow using Helmar 450 quick dry adhesive.  I trimmed the red paper and cream cardstock on the base panel to 1/16" and 1/8" respectively using my Perfect Layers Tools.

I had a bunch of snowflakes that I diecut from silver glitter cardstock a while ago ready to use on my Christmas cards (sorry, I don't know which dies I used) and glued them on using Tombow Mono Aqua glue then added Kaisercraft silver rhinestones to the centres.

The sentiment is also from the same Helz Cuppleditch collection.  Lastly, I glued my card front to a cream cardstock base using Tombow Mono Multi glue.

The image came already glittered but unfortunately you can't see it in the photo - however, it does look very pretty in real life.   It was super-windy and hot so I had to take the photo on my decking table in the shade out-of-the-wind where the light wasn't so great and I couldn't retake the photo the next day because it was Christmas Day.

Finished size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Designer Paper:   Trimcraft - Helz Cuppleditch 'Christmas Village' 8" x 8" pad, TPC Studio Christmas Cheer Ribbon Candy Stripe 12" x 12"

Accessories:  Trimcraft - Helz Cuppleditch - 'Christmas Village' diecut decoupage, Big Shot, dimensionals, Kaisercraft silver rhinestones, cardstock - cream, cream card base and silver glitter, Kokuyo tape runner, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Tombow Mono Aqua blue, Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive, Perfect Layers Tools, teal organza ribbon, Bow Easy

Dies:  Various brands of Snowflake dies

Punches:  EK Success Scalloped Scallop border EKPL8003, Corner Chomper


1 comment:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Yes, agree re another cute image and card, Jobear, you have had fun.
You can keep those sort of temps perfect weather here about 27C and pray it stays that way though do see warmer days are forecast for the beginning of next week and New year.
Hugs, Shaz in OzX.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...