Sunday, July 7, 2019

Penny Black You are the Bestest Birthday Card


Hi everyoneSmiley from Millan.Net

Today I am sharing a birthday card that I made for my daughter's 16th birthday using one of my favourite Penny Black stamps called 'You are the bestest':


This is also my card for the following Challenges (click on the underlined links to take you to the challenge):
  • Penny Black Saturday Challenge - July - Anything Goes with the optional theme of Food and/or Drink
  • Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 589 - Anything Goes
  • Splitcoaststampers - Ways to Use It - WT744 - Cute Critters
I stamped the image using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink onto Ranger Watercolour cardstock and coloured it using Derwent Inktense pencils and Faber-Castell watercolour pencils.  I added some glitter to all the flowers plus the cat's cheeks using Stampin' Up Dazzling Details glitter glue.  I diecut the panel using a Lifestyle-Quicktuz Nesting Squares die and my Big Shot.

I punched some hearts from matching burgundy cardstock using a Carl CP-8 Hearts duo punch and glued them around the image using Tombow Mono Aqua glue and added glitter to them as well.

Here is a close-up:


The sentiment is from Altenew's sentiment set - 'Celebrate' and was stamped using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.  I diecut the sentiment using a Spellbinders Labels Trio die and added a Vintage Gold Molossi rhinestone to each end then popped the sentiment up on dimensionals.

All the designer papers are by Colorbok from a 12" x 12" pad which I picked up on clearance from Riot Art and Craft.  The paper is really thin but I really like the vintage feel and colours of this pad - and it's good value because you get 50 single-sided sheets.  There is no name on the pad - just a number and I daresay it is probably retired.

All the layers were trimmed to 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.

I punched the bottom panel using an EK Success Scalloped Scallops border punch, added the cream velveteen ribbon then popped the panel up on dimensionals.

Lastly, I popped the card front onto a white card base.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black - You're the Bestest 40-015 slapstick, Sentiment by Altenew - Celebrate clear set

Ink:  Versafine Vintage Sepia

Designer Paper:  Colorbok 12" x 12" pad #68233

Dies:  Lifestyle-Quickutz Nesting Squares, Spellbinders Labels Trio Shapeabilities S3-147

Accessories:  Big Shot, Derwent Inktense pencils, Faber-Castell watercolour pencils, #2 round paintbrush, Perfect Layers Tools, Molossi Vintage Gold rhinestones, Stampin' Up Dazzling Details glitter glue, Tombow Mono Multi and Mono Aqua glue, dimensionals, cream velveteen ribbon (K-Mart), Cardstock - burgundy + white card base + Ranger watercolour

Punches:  Carl CP-8 Heart duo, EK Success Scalloped Scallops border

4 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there dear Jobear,
I was amazed to see your DD is 16! Wow. Praying for you all dear sis, pray you’re well. I’ve had tricky year health wise but the Lord gives more grace.. mercifully otherwise wouldn’t cope. Lovely stamp that and it makes a great card, well done, and thanks for sharing too. I’ve two blogs now too.
Thanks for being a blessing, may our wonderful God bless you too. Special birthday hugs for DD.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card I love how you have coloured the image. This is my all time favourite Penny Black stamp x

Paddington fan said...

A really cute card, love the beautifully coloured kitty with his huge bouquet of flowers! I'm sure your daughter loved it! Thank you so much for joining us over at Penny Black Saturday Challenge, good luck in the prize draw and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

Joan B said...

adorable!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...