Sunday, September 1, 2019

Wellington Bear - Take it Easy on Father's Day


Hi blogging friendsSmiley from Millan.Net

Today I am sharing a card I made for my husband for Father's Day which is today in Australia.  I actually made the card this afternoon so it was a bit of a last-minute thing as I have had a very busy and stressful few weeks and I had no brain cells left to be creative!

This is also my card for the following Challenges:

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - September - Anything Goes
The idea behind this Challenge is to use up that 'stash' of papers that we all seem to accumulate.  The papers that I used on my card are really old and are from 2008.  So why not play along and use up some of your stash too! 

Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes Challenge Blog  This is a new Challenge to me and there is a limit of two entries per Challenge.

ETA:  I  JUST FOUND OUT THAT I WON THE CHALLENGE OVER AT THE 'THROUGH THE CRAFT ROOM DOOR CHALLENGE' - WOO HOO!  THANK YOU FOR PICKING ME!






The image is by Docrafts - Wellington Bear - from their diecut decoupage pack which is long-retired.  I bought a whole heap of this range when it came out as it is so perfect for masculine cards.  Before adding the decoupage layers, I attached the base image to dark brown then teal cardstock and trimmed the layers to 1/8" and 1/16" respectively using my Perfect Layers Tools.  I rounded the corners using my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.   I popped out the layers then put them together using 0.5mm dimensionals so the image wouldn't have too much height.

All the designer papers are by Kaisercraft - Reminiscing 'Hold Dear' which I bought on clearance at one of their outlet stores.

I used an EK Success Scalloped Scallops border punch on the dark brown cardstock on the side panel and trimmed the other side to 1/16".  Tied on some brown and white twine then popped this panel up on 1mm dimensionals.

The sentiment is also from the same decoupage pack and was popped up on dimensionals.

Once I finished the card front, I attached it to a white card base using Tombow Mono Multi glue which gives me a bit of wriggle time to get the panel in the right spot.

I felt like the card needed something so I punched a red heart from a scrap of cardstock with a Carl CP-8 Heart duo punch and glued it to the mug using Tombow Mono Aqua glue.  It added a nice pop of colour to the otherwise muted tones.

Finished size is 5-3/4" x 4".

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Paper:  Kaisercraft Reminiscing P203 'Hold Dear' 12" x 12" (2008-retired)

Accessories:  Docrafts Wellington Bear Diecut Decoupage pack (retired), dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi and Mono Aqua glue, Kokuyo tape runner, brown/white twine, Perfect Layers Tools, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, cardstock - dark brown + teal + red + white card base

Punches:  EK Success Scalloped Scallops EKPL8003 border, Carl CP-8 Heart Duo

3 comments:

cass said...

Wonderful card with great paper combo. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month. Also have to add, I love the title of your blog, it says it all.

Cards by Beckie said...

A lovely card with such a cute image. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

Retiredmimi said...

I just discovered your blog on Pinterest and love your Penny Black cards...the kitties are among my favorites. But the company is definitely one of my favorites. Your use of decorative paper is beautiful and interesting at the same time and also your coloring. Keep up the good work and I will keep checking back. Thank you for sharing your creativity. Hugs, Charlotte Hutcheson, Austin, Texas, USA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...