Thursday, September 17, 2020

Docrafts Forever Friends Kraft Notes Thank You Card


Hi everyone😊

Today I am sharing a 'Thank you' card that I made for a friend:


All the designer papers and the main image are by Docrafts from their Forever Friends Kraft Notes Collection which came out years ago.  I have always loved this collection and made alot of cards using it.  

All the layers were trimmed to 1/16" using my Perfect Layers Tools.

The side panel was punched using a Martha Stewart Pinking Scallop edge punch.

The sentiment is by Stampin' Up! and came from their Looking Up Card Kit (still in their current catalogue).  Just as an aside:  this is a fantastic Card Kit and everything is included - even the ink pad - and the cards are perfect for guys.  You can find it HERE.   I stamped the sentiment using Versafine Vintage Sepia ink which I thought matched the rest of the card's muted tones.  I diecut the sentiment using my Big Shot and a Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities die and layered it onto the pink designer paper which was diecut using a Spellbinders Scalloped Oval Nestabilities die.  I added a Kaisercraft Epoxy Sticker from their Candy collection.  I just looked online and it appears that they have been discontinued.....sigh.....wish I had bought more of them......

You can't tell from the photo but I added sparkle all over the heart using a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush

Lastly, I tied on some ribbon from my stash and popped the card front onto a white card base using Tombow Mono Multi glue.  Finished size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" or approximately 14cm x 14cm.

I think you could use this image for many occasions - love, anniversary, Valentines, friendship.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Sentiment from Stampin' Up! Looking Up card kit

Ink:  Versafine Vintage Sepia

Designer Paper:  Docrafts Forever Friends Kraft Notes (retired)

Accessories:  Image from Docrafts Forever Friends Kraft Notes (retired), Big Shot, Perfect Layers Tools, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush, dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Kaisercraft Candy epoxy stickers (discontinued), ribbon (stash), white cardstock & white cardstock base

Dies:  Spellbinder Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities

Punches:  Martha Stewart Pinking Scallop edge




1 comment:

Jules said...

Hi Jocelyn

Ahhh .. .. .. one of my favourite and most used paper stacks too.

Love your thank you card .. .. a great layout and beautiful sentiment.

When one of our local craft stores was closing down it had two 12 x 12 stacks in their sale so I invested in both. Sadly they are slowly depleting though. I find the colours are so lovely and subtle and will be sad when they are all used up.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...