Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Penny Black Celebrating Thank You Card

 
Hi everyone 😀

Today I am sharing a Thank You Card that I made for our new Vet who has been helping Ruby recover from her illness.  Unfortunately, the correct diagnosis was missed so I am glad that I sought a second opinion. Ruby is slowly gaining weight and certainly brighter in herself and has more of her sassy side back - and enjoying her new Hypoallergenic diet food.   Ruby has a check-up next week so we will see what the Vet says.  Nonetheless, I am being cautiously optimistic.

I didn't have alot of cat stamps that I thought were suitable - and eventually settled on this one:  Penny Black - Celebrating - which is an old wood-mounted stamp.  I thought the balloon would put a smile on his face because, let's face it, who doesn't like a balloon no matter what age or gender you are?!


This is also my card for the following Challenges:

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - May - Anything Goes

Crafty Catz - Challenge 593 - Anything Goes with Optional Twist of use your 3 favourite colours 

Critter Crazy Challenge Blog - Challenge #62 - Anything Goes with a Featured Critter 

I stamped the image onto Ranger watercolour cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink and coloured it using Lyra watercolour pencils and a #2 round paintbrush.  I went over any of the black lines using a Zig Millenium .03 black pen to darken the lines up again.

I added Glossy Accents to the balloon to add some shine.  The sentiment is by Lili of the Valley which is unmounted rubber that I bought before they went digital.  I diecut some stars from the blue part of the designer paper using my Big Shot and a Memory Box die set - Hearts and Stars - and glued them on using Tombow Mono Aqua glue.   Here is a close-up pic:


The designer paper is old and retired - Kaisercraft Pet's Paradise - and I think was released in 2012.  I bought a stack of it on clearance at a Kaisercraft store.  The dotted cardstock was made using a very old embossing folder - and the first one I ever bought - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots.  I still get such a kick out of embossing cardstock and think that it such a cool thing to be able to do yourself.  All the layers were trimmed to either 1/16" or 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.

The ribbon is from my stash.  I added Fray Stop to the cut ends to stop them from fraying.

I decided to decorate the card inside as I had a strip of the dry-embossed cardstock and the designer paper leftover - so put them to good use.  I also added a diecut blue star to the bottom RHS.  The 'Thank You' came from an assorted pack of sentiments I bought at a Craft Show and just happened to match everything perfectly.


Once I had finished the card front, I glued it to a kraft card base using Tombow Mono Multi glue.

I hope the Vet likes his card.   

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black - Celebrating - 1472E - wood mount, Sentiment - Lili of the Valley

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Designer Paper:  Kaisercraft Pet's Paradise - P229 - Pampered Pet - 12" x 12" (retired)

Accessories:  Perfect Layers Tools, Zig Millenium .03 black pen, #2 round paintbrush, Lyra watercolour pencils, Glossy Accents, Big Shot, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, ribbon (stash), Tombow Mono Multi and Mono Aqua glue, Cardstock - Ranger Watercolour, Colormates Deep Creamy Cocoa, scrap of greyish brown, white, kraft card base

Dies:  Memory Box Hearts and Stars #98755 (retired - first released 2014)


2 comments:

Billie A said...

Cute card. Cute image and love the paw prints and paper layout. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

Anna said...

What a cute card and such a fun stamped image. Love the patterned paper you have included in your work. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge this month and hope you join us again soon.
Anna, Design Team

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...