Friday, March 31, 2023

Couture Creations Sweeping Plains Card

 
Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been missing for a while.  I was very busy since my last post with my daughter finishing Year 12 and then alot of preparations for starting Uni plus we went on holidays - and then COVID struck our household with myself getting it first and the rest of the family about 10 days later.  I am still very unwell and had a couple of days in hospital so even though it is 10 weeks since then, I can't seem to shake it off.  I have never felt more tired in my life!   However, I am being well looked after as the rest of the family weren't hit as hard as me.  Hopefully, I will be better soon!

Anyway, enough about COVID and onto my card.  This is the first card I have made since Christmas so it was nice to be creative.  I gave it to my daughter because she is my favourite person - and decided to feature a cockatoo as we have them visiting our garden every day.  

One of the cockatoos we have named Kevin (although we don't know if he is a male or female as they all look the same!) and he is very friendly and will let us pat him and eat from our hands.  My daughter is very fond of him and loves to do selfies with him, so it was a natural choice to have a cockatoo on her card.  We don't encourage other cockatoos as they can be destructive - but Kevin is different and has never chewed or destroyed anything.  I love how there has been alot of  Australian flora and fauna featured in scrapbooking and cardmaking papers and dies in the past couple of years.  


This is also my card for the following Challenge:

Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday - F4A631 - Free as a Bird - where you need to feature a bird or birds on your project.

The main image is from the Couture Creations - Sunburnt Country - Ephemera set.  I layered the image onto olive green and buttercream cardstock - the green was diecut using my Big Shot and Stampin' Up Deco Labels Framelits dies.  The next die down was too small for the main image so I drew around the outside of the die and handcut it from the buttercream cardstock.   

The designer papers are by Couture Creations - Sweeping Plains - from their 6" x 6" pad.  The colour palette in the Sunburnt Country and Sweeping Plains are quite similar so you can mix and match some of the elements.

The fancy border at the bottom is my all-time favourite edge punch:  Martha Stewart Doily Lace.  I added some Wink of Stella clear glitter brush to the wattle around the cockatoo which isn't visible in the photo but it does look very pretty in real life.  It's amazing how just a little bit of sparkle can lift a card!

The sentiment I found on my desk and is from a Kaisercraft 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad as they have sentiments in the back of those pads.  I was using a couple of different ones late last year but I don't know which one it is from.  I was pleased that I found it as it was serendipitous that the grey colour toned so well with the rest of the card.  I layered it onto buttercream cardstock using a Lifestyle Nesting Circle die.  I punched some tiny hearts from a scrap of pale pink designer paper using my EK Success Arrows border punch - which, if you are no stranger to my blog, I use all the time.  The leftover punchies look like tiny hearts to me 😉  I added some Wink of Stella Clear glitter brush to them to add a little sparkle.

All the other layers were trimmed to 1/8".

Lastly, I added some yellow enamel dots which are by Simple Stories - Good Day Sunshine which I have had for years.

I think this card could be used for many occasions.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and for any comments you care to leave.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Paper:  Couture Creations Sweeping Plains and Sunburnt Country 6" x 6" paper pad + Sunburnt Country Ephemera, scrap of pale pink

Accessories:  Big Shot, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush, Sentiment - Kaisercraft, cardstock - olive green + buttercream, American Crafts kraft cardstock (card base), Enamel Dots - Simple Stories - Good Day Sunshine (retired), dimensionals, Perfect Layers Tools

Punches:  EK Success Arrows border, Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge

Dies:  Stampin' Up Deco Labels Framelits #130102 (retired), Lifestyle Nesting Circles

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...