Friday, September 6, 2024

Lawn Fawn Bon Voyage Card

 
Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a Bon Voyage Card that I made for my daughter who has gone to Japan for a Study Tour as part of her University Course.  


This is the first time that she has travelled overseas so it has been alot of organising and figuring out what is OK (and not OK) to bring into Japan - getting a really good suitcase, travel plug, power bank and a whole lot of other stuff to wrap our heads around.  I have never been overseas either so it's all new to me too!

Because my daughter was going to Japan, I decided to go with a red and white plane to mimic the colours of the Japanese flag.  The only Bon Voyage set I have in my stash is by Lawn Fawn and it was perfect for what I needed.  It was a very last minute make as we had just been so busy so I thought it was quicker and easier to stamp the plane onto red cardstock and diecut it instead of trying to colour it in.  I restamped the plane onto white cardstock and fussy-cut the windows and nose and went around the edges with a Black Sakura Pigma 0.3 Pen to hide any white edges - then glued them on using Tombow Mono Multi glue.

I stamped the clouds using Memento Summer Sky Ink then diecut them and popped them up on a double lot of dimensionals.

The blue watercolour wash background is a sheet of designer paper from Lawn Fawn's Watercolor 6" x 6" pad.  Made it quick and easy so I didn't have to paint a sky.

I thought I would turn the card into an Interactive Card just for something fun so I used a die from the My Favorite Things Surf and Turf die set and glued on a MFT Slider Element to the back of the plane then diecut a small white cardstock circle using a die that came with the Surf and Turf die set and glued that to the slider element.  I used a Powder Tool to go around those two elements to help the plane slide easily in the channel.

I diecut the sentiment using a Spellbinders Shapeabilities Labels Trio die then went around the edge using Versacolor Scarlet ink.  The entire panel was popped up on a double lot of Uniquely Creative Dimensionals to a blue card base so the plane slides easily in its channel.

I added some Sullivans self-adhesive Red Stars to finish off the card.  This is my first time making this type of interactive card and I am ever-so-pleased with how it turned out and it was ALOT of fun!!  I have always been very intimidated in making Interactive Cards and tend to be a one-trick pony - but now I feel brave enough to try another one 😁

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Dies:  Lawn Fawn Bon Voyage LF347 with matching dies LF593, My Favorite Things Surf and Turf Die Set MFT-899

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Summer Sky, Versacolor Scarlet

Designer Paper:  Lawn Fawn Watercolor 6" x 6" pad LF1355

Accessories:  Stamping Platform, Big Shot, Black Sakura Pigment 0.3 Pen, Red Stars - Sullivans - Item #88747 Xmas, My Favorite Things Slider Elements, Powder Tool, Uniquely Creative dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Cardstock - blue, white, red

Dies:  Spellbinder Shapeabilities Labels Trio S3-147 (retired)

No comments: