Thursday, July 16, 2026

Colorado Craft Company Stockings Mini Card #1

 
Hi everyone,

It's Christmas in July - and it's time to start sharing my Splitcoaststampers Fan Club Design Team Projects now that my 6 month term finished in May.  You can start sharing your projects online 6 months from when they first went live on Splitcoaststampers.  This card was for the December Central Theme of Stockings by the Fireplace.

So today I am sharing a cute little Colorado Craft Company Christmas Card:


I adore the stamps that Anita Jeram designed for Colorado Craft Company - they are just so cute and very sweet.

I first masked off a square using 3M Post-It Labelling and Cover-up Tape, then ink-blended from bottom to top using Distress Oxides in the colours Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Faded Jeans I heat-set the background to make sure it was completely dry, then used my Powder Tool before stamping the sentiment with Versamark Watermark Ink, added the White Embossing Powder and heat-set.  This sentiment is also from the same stamp set.

I stamped the image using Versafine Onyx Black Ink onto Ranger Watercolour Cardstock then coloured it using various brands of Watercolour Pencils and a #2 Round Paintbrush.  I diecut the image using my Big Shot.  I went over the black lines using a Zig Millenium .005 Black Pen to darken up the lines as they always lighten up a bit from the watercolouring.

The bird on the branch is glued flush to the ink-blended square but I popped up the mouse on 1mm foam pads.

I re-attached the 3M Tape to the square panel and splattered on some White Posca Paint Pen so it looked all snowy.  Here is a close-up:


The snowflakes were punched using a Martha Stewart Snow Flurry Edge Punch but are the leftover punchies from using the punch.  I glued down just the centres so I could pop the snowflake arms up - then added a tiny Blue Molossi Rhinestone to the centres.  I added a tiny dot of Art Glitter Glue underneath the rhinestones to ensure they were stuck down really well.

Finishing touches were adding the Red and White Twine + Sparkly Glitter Glue to the two stockings.

Finished size is 4-7/8" x 4-7/8" or 124mm x 124mm.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Colorado Craft Company Stockings Mini AJ597

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark Watermark, Ranger Distress Oxides Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch + Faded Jeans

Designer Paper:  None

Accessories:  Big Shot, Watercolour Pencils, #2 Round Paintbrush, 3M Post-It Labelling and Cover-up Tape, Tombow Mono Multi, Art Glitter Glue, 1mm Doublesided Adhesive Foam Squares, Zig Millennium .005 Black Pen, Doodlebug Red and White Twine, Heat-Gun, Powder Tool, White Embossing Powder, Sparkly Glitter Glue, Molossi Blue Rhinestones, Ranger Watercolour Cardstock, White Posca Paint Pen

Dies:  Colorado Craft Company Stockings Mini AJ598-D

Punches:  Martha Stewart Snow Flurry Edge




No comments: