Friday, September 18, 2026
Dancing Through Life Birthday Card
Hi everyone,
This was my Splitcoaststampers Fan Club Design Team Card for the March theme of Dancing Through Life. I used the suggested inspiration of the song from Wicked - Dancing Through Life - by using pink and green on my card. I also chose the main image because it reminds me of my niece who was a ballet dancer for over 15 years. My niece has such grace and elegance about her and this image was just so perfect to make a card for her birthday. She truly does dance through life.
Now that it is 6+ months since the challenge went live, I can share it online.
This particular type of card is called a Split Front Card which I saw alot online last year. I thought it was really fun and something different to the norm. It is actually really easy and I encourage you to give it a whirl. You divide your card front into 3 even pieces. My card is 6 inches long so the top and bottom panels are 2 inches and the centre image connects those panels. Normally my cards are not 6 inches long but for ease of dividing my card front into 3, it was easier for me to do it that way.
I stamped the image using Versafine Onyx Black Ink onto Ranger Watercolour Cardstock, then re-stamped the dress and hat onto Kaisercraft High Tea Designer Paper and fussy-cut them out using my awesome Uniquely Creative Fussy Cutting Scissors. I went around the edges of them using an Anko Pigment Black Brush Pen to hide any imperfections in my cutting then glued them down using Tombow Mono Multi Glue. I used a Lyra Sky Blue Watercolour Pencil to add some blue sky around the image and a Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker No. 421 Light Moss Green on the ground. I used Albrecht-Dürer Watercolour Pencils - Light Flesh and Medium Flesh for the arms and legs. I used a Zig No. 905 Cool Gray 3 to add a bit of shadow on the dress and on the LHS of the image.
I diecut the image using a Lifestyle Nesting Circle Die and my Big Shot, then layered that onto Kaisercraft High Tea - Cuppa - Designer Paper which is a lovely soft powder blue colour. The Burgundy Scalloped Circle was diecut using a Lifestyle Nesting Scalloped Circles Die.
The rose designer paper on the top and bottom panels are from the Kaisercraft High Tea 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" Pad. Isn't it pretty?! The ribbon was attached in two separate elements and I glued the bow down using Helmar's Fabric Glue. The sentiment is also from that same paper pad and was popped up on 1mm Dimensionals. I punched some tiny pink hearts from a sheet of the Pink Designer Paper using my EK Success Arrows Border Punch - they are the leftover punchies that look like tiny hearts. I glued them on using Art Glitter Glue fitted with a fine nozzle. I love this glue for adding just a tiny dot of glue.
Lastly, I added 3 x Kaisercraft Antique Rose Rhinestones around the sentiment then added Uniquely Creative Clear Sparkle Brush to the tiny hearts and the dress. The dress looks so pretty and shimmery in real life.
Finished size is 4-1/8" x 6" or 105mm x 153mm.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Jocelyn
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Dancing Lady
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Designer Paper: Kaisercraft High Tea 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" Pad + Kaisercraft High Tea - Cuppa 12" x 12" Sheet (from 2017 - retired)
Accessories: Kaisercraft Trimmer, Uniquely Creative Fussy Cutting Scissors, Stamping Platform, Kaisercraft Antique Rose Rhinestones SB403, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Art Glitter Glue, Helmar's Fabric Glue, 1mm Dimensionals, Zig Clean Clean Color Real Brush Markers #905 Cool Gray 3 + #421 Light Moss, Lyra Sky Blue Watercolour Pencil, Albrecht-Dürer Light Flesh + Medium Flesh Watercolour Pencils, #2 + #4 Round Paintbrushes, Anko Black Brush Pigment Pen, Pink Ribbon, Uniquely Creative Clear Sparkle Brush, Cardstock - White + Burgundy (from stash) + Ranger Watercolor
Punches: EK Success Arrows Border (retired)
Dies: Lifestyle Nesting Circles + Nesting Scalloped Circles (retired)
Labels:
Big Shot,
Birthday,
Feminine,
Kaisercraft,
Lifestyle Dies,
SCS Fan Club DT Cards,
Split Front Card,
Watercolour pencils,
Watercolouring,
Zig Markers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment