Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Stampin' Up Dasher - a quick and simple Christmas card

Hi blogging friends Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

I have made up a couple of quick and simple cards which are easy to mass produce and not too bulky for mailing overseas.  This first one has no colouring and uses one of my favourite stamps by Stampin' Up called 'Dasher'.  I will share my other cards in a later post.



I stamped Dasher with Colorbox Sapphire Silk pigment ink, poured on some Satin Pearl clear embossing powder and heat-set it with my heat-gun.  I added a tiny red rhinestone to his nose so I guess my 'Dasher' has now become 'Rudolph'!! 

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set called 'Snowman Christmas' and was stamped and heat-embossed using the same ink and embossing powder.  Love the font on this sentiment!!  The designer paper I stamped on is by Little Yellow Bicycle - Delightful Collection - Blue lace.

The main image panel is up on dimensionals.  That's about it - nice and simple.

Challenges:

I am popping my card into the following challenge -

The ABC Challenge - E is for Embossing - can be heat or dry embossing

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Stampin' Up Dasher, Sentiment - Hero Arts Snowman Christmas clear set

Ink:  Colorbox Sapphire Silk pigment

Designer paper:  SEI Glitzmas - Frosty the Snowflake, LYB Delighful Collection - Blue Lace D-110

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Spellbinder Circle + Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Basic Grey red rhinestone, dimensionals, satin pearl embossing powder, heat-gun, cardstock:  white, ice blue

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Really love it Jo!! (but just how many are you planning on making with all that embossing???)

June K said...

Love your Dasher card. It is one of the prettiest Dasher cards I've seen. The color is refreshing and so pretty.Thanks for sharing.

June K

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn, I'm so sorry I've missed all your posts since 14th November and I don't know why. If you look on my blog list you will see yours listed there but this is the first time it's updated since then!! I can't believe I've missed so many gorgeous cards!! Such fabulous work.
xxxx

Jackie said...

What a stunning card, so beautiful :o)
Jackie xx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Stunning in the monochromatic blues and that red gem is PERFECT for the nose!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I love the colors and the rhinestone accent.

jenny said...

Stunning card Jocelyn....I love all the blue tones x

Jenny xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...