Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sizzix Branches with Leaves Embossing Folder Card

 
Hi everyone😀

Well, Melbourne is back in their 4th Lockdown due to COVID-19 so I am distracting myself by doing craft.   I have plans to tidy up my Craft Room as well.  It never ceases to surprise me how much mess you can make from making just one card!

So today, I am sharing a simple card that I hope will inspire you to get out your embossing folders and have a play.  Note that this is NOT my idea and I am pretty sure I first saw it on Splitcoaststampers. 


The embossing folder is a retired one by Sizzix - Branches with Leaves - but there are plenty of other similar embossing folders available.  I coloured the embossing folder with various blue-green shades of Tombow Pens plus a beige shade.  I used my Ranger Mini Mister to spray the embossing folder with water, popped in my cream cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot then dried it off with my heat-gun.  I rounded the top and bottom right-hand corners using my Corner Chomper then tied on the twine.  I layered this onto kraft cardstock, popped the panel up with dimensionals then rounded those corners as well.

The sentiment is from a set by Stamp-It Australia who I don't believe are still in business (correct me if I am wrong).  I know the company was for sale and someone bought it but don't know anything else.   I stamped the sentiment onto cream cardstock using Colorbox Peacock pigment ink then diecut it using a Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities die.  The panel is popped up on dimensionals.

I punched 3 hearts from light beige cardstock using a Carl CP-1 Heart punch and stacked them together for dimension and my card was finished.

This is my card for the following Challenges:

Through the Craft Room Door - May 25th Challenge - Anything Goes
Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday F4A584 - Texture

Thanks for visiting my blog today and for any comments that you care to leave 😃 

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Stamp-It Australia siset-014 sentiment set 

Ink:  Colorbox Peacock pigment

Designer Paper:  None

Accessories:  Big Shot, Tombow Pens, Heat-gun, Ranger Mini Mister, Corner Chomper, twine (stash), dimensionals, Sizzix Branches with Leaves embossing folder #661352 (retired), Cardstock: cream, light beige, kraft card base

Dies:  Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities

Punches:  Carl CP-1 Heart



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...