Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Lili of the Valley James in the Snow Christmas Card

 
Hi everyone 😀

Today I am sharing a Christmas Card that I made for my daughter.  It was a last-minute make on Christmas Eve as we were away on holidays for the first few weeks of December (finally, after more than 2 years and in and out of Lockdown) so it was wonderful to relax and sit by the river - nothing to think about except what to eat or whether I should have a coffee or not.  I made lots of Christmas cards when I was away - mainly from kits as it is more practical to take them away than taking a pile of craft stuff.  But I was chasing my tail a little when we got back with lots of stuff organise in time for Christmas!  We struggled to get a (real) Christmas tree this year as apparently there was a shortage.  We usually get one from the local Scouts which is a great fundraiser for them but they had a 'sold out' sign when you can usually get a tree right up till just before Santa is heading down the chimney.

This is also my card for following Challenges:

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas - Challenge 574 - Anything Goes with the optional theme of any Christmas or New Year card

Winter Wonderland - End of Year Challenge - Anything Goes Christmas

Please click on the underlined links to go to the Challenges.


The main image I bought many years ago as an unmounted rubber stamp from Lili of Valley UK - but you can get it in digital form from their Etsy Store HERE.

I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto Ranger watercolour cardstock and coloured it with Lyra + Faber-Castell watercolour pencils and a #2 round paintbrush.  I paper-pieced the hat and scarf using some designer paper from an old retired pad - BoBunny Snowfall.   I added some shading with a grey watercolour pencil.  The fluffy stuff on the hat and the snow on the ground is Stampendous Cotton Ball White Fun Flock mixed with Crystalina glitter which was glued on using Tombow Mono Multi glue.

The falling snow around the bear is Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter drops.  It is my first time using them and I love the dimension it gives.  Now, of course, I want to get more colours 😄

I used my Lifestyle Nesting Circle dies and Big Shot for the main image and layers.  The other designer papers are also from a retired pad by Echo Park - Winter Park.

The snowflakes were diecut from aqua glitter cardstock using my Impression Obsession Small Snowflake Set DIE100F.  I added some Kaisercraft Ice Blue Rhinestones to the centres.

The ribbon is from my stash and was attached in two separate elements and the bow itself was tied using my Bow Easy.  The sentiment tag is a die by Cuttlebug - Tiny Tags - 37-1222.  This die set, although retired, has been one of my most-used dies over the years.  The sentiment is by Elzybells (who are no longer in business) from their Mini Messages - Christmas - 20-054 clear set.  I added some tiny Molossi light blue rhinestones underneath.

The burgundy and light blue base cardstock layers were trimmed to 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools and the dark teal cardstock was trimmed to 1/16".

Once I had finished the card front, I glued it to a white card base using Tombow Mono Multi glue.  

Thanks for visiting my Blog today!  Happy New Year everyone!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Lili of the Valley (UK) - James Bear in the Snow, Elzybells Mini Messages - Christmas 20-054 clear set (retired)

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Designer Paper:  BoBunny Snowfall Item #6PF927 6" x 6" pad (retired), Echo Park Winter Park Item #WK23023 6" x 6" pad (retired)

Accessories:  Big Shot, Cuttlebug, Ranger watercolour cardstock, ribbon - stash, Bow Easy, Perfect Layers Tools, Stampendous Cotton Ball White Fun Flock, Crystalina glitter, Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter drops, dimensionals, Lyra + Faber-Castell watercolour pencils, #2 round paintbrush, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Kaisercraft Ice Blue SB774 rhinestones, Molossi tiny blue rhinestones, cardstock - aqua glitter, burgundy, light blue, dark teal, white card base

Dies:  Lifestyle Nesting Circles, Impression Obsession Small Snowflake Set DIE100-F, Cuttlebug Tiny Tags 37-1222 (retired)


1 comment:

Martina said...

Beautiful Christmas card. I'm glad you shared the Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...