Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Mintay Garage Birthday Card No. 2

 
Hi everyone 😀

As I mentioned on my previous post, we have four masculine birthdays in August so I my Craft Room has been a whirlwind of activity.  Here is another Birthday Card using the awesome Mintay Garage Collection:


This is also my card for the following Challenges:

The Male Room - Challenge #177 - Dots and/or Stripes - my dots are the holes in the punched border, the Candi dots and the dots on the stars - and the stripes are the tartan designer paper.  This is my 2nd entry for their Challenge.
  

Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday Challenge - August - Anything Goes 

Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday - F4A155 - Blues and Browns 

The main image was trimmed from one of the Mintay 12" x 12" papers which has 12 images on it so it makes life easy when you don't need to stamp and colour an image.  I chose this particular image as my husband plays electric guitar in two bands so having the guitar and amplifier was just a match made in heaven.  I fussy cut the stars from the Mintay Garage 6" x 8" Add-on Paper Pack and popped them up on dimensionals.  I did add some Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush to the stars but you can't tell in the photo.  

The tartan designer paper is from the Mintay Garage 12" x 12" Paper Pack and the distressed brown designer paper is from the Mintay Garage 6" x 8" Add-on Paper Pack  All the layers were trimmed to 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.  The cardstock is by Kaisercraft.  

The sentiment is by Uniquely Creative from their Essential Birthday Sentiments Mini Cut-a-part Sheet and was popped up on dimensionals.

The beige cardstock border on the bottom was punched using my Fiskars Threading Water border punch which I use alot for masculine cards.  I added a score line next to it using my Martha Stewart Score Board.   The ribbon is from my stash and was added in 2 separate elements which I find easier and neater.

I added some Candi Dots on the top RHS with dimensionals.  I have had these Candi Dots in my stash for years.  They are like faux brads and so easy to pop onto your card. 

Once I had finished the card front, I glued it to an Anko Kraft card base using my Tombow Mono Multi glue.

Finished size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" or 140mm x 140mm.

Thanks for visiting my Blog today!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Papers:  Mintay Garage 12" x 12" Paper Pack + 6" x 8" Add-on Paper Pack

Accessories:  Candi Dots - Craftwork Cards (retired), dimensionals, Perfect Layers Tools, Ribbon - stash, Uniquely Creative Essential Birthday Sentiments Mini Cut-a-part Sheet, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush, Martha Stewart Score Board, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Anko Kraft Card Base (K-Mart Australia), Other Cardstock - Kaisercraft

Punches:  Fiskars Threading Water border

3 comments:

Pamela said...

love the DSP you used for the stripes background, your card is wonderful with so many layers and elements. The Male Room always love your creation and thank you for joining us

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great layered card - love all the interest there is too! Thanks for joining in at TMR [again]

Ellibelle said...

A fantastic masculine creation with lots of great details! Beautifully done!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...