Sunday, December 31, 2023

Lavinia Stamps Christmas Card #1

 
Hi everyone 😀

I have been super-busy in my Craft Room the past few weeks making Christmas Cards and will share them over several blog posts.  

This is one that I made for my Mother:


To make my card, I first masked off the top section on a piece of Lavinia Stamps multifarious card with blue painter's tape so I could ink-blend my background.  I used my Tim Holtz round ink blending tool to blend Distress Oxide inks in the colours Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass.  I removed the tape then heat-set it using my heat-gun.

I stamped my Lavinia Stamps Tree Branch using Altenew Obsidian Black pigment ink.  This ink is my favourite for stamping silhouette images as it gives excellent coverage.  I heat-set the image so I didn't end up smearing it as I am such a clumsy person no matter how hard I try not to be 😏

I added some White Puffy Paint which I bought a few weeks ago from KMart (Australia).  It came in a pack of 12 colours for $9.00.  I heated it and watched the magic as it puffed up to look like snow.

I masked off the card again around the ink-blended panel and splattered the panel using a White Posca Pen and heat-set it because I would smear it for sure!

I stamped the sentiment which is from a set by Lavinia Stamps called Seasonal Words then added various silver glitter cardstock diecut/punched snowflakes of various brands.  I have a container full of punched/diecut snowflakes ready for my cards as I do multiples when I make them.  I added tiny Silver Couture Creations rhinestones to the snowflake centres.

I rounded the RH corners with a We R Memory Keepers 1/2" Corner Chomper then added the panel to a card base and tied on some silver twine.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!  We had a hot Christmas lunch with my brother and family - and my mother was there for a little while as she is 93 and in full-time care and very frail.  I am not sure if she really knew what was happening as she was very mixed up and not making much sense.  It was nice to be together as due to distances, we don't see each other very often.  The weather was very, very wet and dreary - it rained ALL day which is very unusual for our typically hot Summer in Melbourne.  I feel sorry for anyone who planned for their Christmas get-togethers outside - but being in Melbourne, we are known as "4 seasons in one day" and it can be wet in the morning, very hot by lunchtime, very windy and stormy at 3pm and freezing by 7 pm.  You never can tell and the weather forecast is really only a guideline of what "might" happen!

Thanks for visiting my blog today and for your support throughout 2023!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Lavinia Stamps Tree Branch LAV506 and Seasonal Words LAV838

Ink:  Altenew Obsidian Black pigment, Ranger Distress Oxides in Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass

Designer Papers:  None

Accessories:  Lavinia Multifarious cardstock, silver glitter cardstock (stash), White Puffy Paint (KMart Australia), heat-gun, blue painter's tape, silver twine, White Posca pen, Couture Creations silver rhinestones, Ranger round ink blending tool

Punches:  Martha Stewart Snow Flurry edge (tiny snowflakes), WRMK Corner Chomper

Dies:  Various brands (for larger snowflakes)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...