Monday, January 1, 2024

Lavinia Christmas Cards Number 2 and 3

 
Hi everyone 😀

Here are two more Christmas Cards that I made this year - which are essentially CASE's of Karen Telfer's card from the Lavinia Stamps YouTube Channel.  I did add some of my own touches to it so it isn't exactly the same.  It was really just trying something new to see how it worked out when someone else has already done the hard work.  You can click on THIS to see Karen's card video. 

For the first card, I used the same Distress Oxide inks that Karen did and for the second card, I chose some different ones.


I used Lavinia Multifarious White Cardstock to make the background and added some white copy paper to mask off the area for the snow.  I blended Distress Oxide Inks in the colours Seedless Preserves, Spun Sugar and Wilted Violet using my Ranger Round Ink Blending Tool.  Once I was happy with the blend, I splattered on some water then dried it with my heat-gun.  For the tree background, I stamped various Lavinia StampsTree Scene, Small Fairy Fir Tree and Fairy Fir Tree 2 - some are 1st generation stamping - others 2nd or 3rd - using Altenew Obsidian Black Pigment Ink.

I removed the snow mask then dried off my panel.  I used a Powder Bag on the sky then stamped the Lavinia Mini North Star using Versamark Watermark ink and added some Ranger White Detail Embossing Powder that I added some Bellbird Place Diamond Glitter to - then heat-set it using my heat-gun.  I bought a big jar of this glitter when the store 'Bellbird Place' used to go to Craft Shows but they are no longer in business.  

I stamped the bunny - Lavinia Pipin Mini - and the word 'Hope' which is from the 3 Blessings set - using the Obsidian ink then dried it off so I wouldn't accidentally smear it.  I used a White Posca Pen to make the snow then added tiny dots of glue with a Quickie Glue Pen and sprinkled on some of the Diamond Glitter for some lovely sparkle.  I coloured under Pipin with a Grey Pencil just to ground him. 

Lastly, I went around the image with my Ranger Blending Tool with a mix Seedless Preserves and Shaded Lilac.  Because I didn't have any matching cardstock for matting the main panel, I made my own using a mix of Seedless Preserves and Shaded Lilac - and then matted that onto white cardstock.  All the layers were glued together using Tombow Mono Multi Glue.  

And now, here is the next card with a different Distress Oxide Combo which is one I came up with as I was feeling brave:


This colour combo is:  Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass.  The card is otherwise the same process as the first one.  I also made my own matting cardstock layer using Wilted Violet then layered that onto a white card base.

The cards are so pretty and sparkly in real life.  Because the weather was so dreary, the photos are a little dull but I had no choice because I needed them for Christmas Day.  Oh well! 

Thank you Karen Telfer for the inspiration.  I wasn't very confident initially with making the blended ink background and doing the stamping because I am not used to doing that sort of thing - but once I had done a couple of backgrounds and was happy with how it turned out, I made a bunch of cards.  Karen's video was so easy to follow and she is very encouraging so I urge you to watch the video and have a go yourself.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Lavinia Tree Scene LAV219 + Small Fairy Fir Tree LAV489 + Fairy Fir Tree 2 LAV492 + Pipin Mini LAV581 + 3 Blessings LAV673 + Mini North Star LAV707

Ink:  Altenew Obsidian Black Pigment, Versamark Watermark, Distress Oxides - Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac

Designer Paper and Dies:  None

Accessories:  Heat-gun, Lavinia Multifarious White Cardstock, White Copy Paper,  Powder Bag, Ranger White Detail Embossing Powder, Bellbird Place Diamond Glitter (retired), Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Quickie Glue Pen, Posca White Pen, Ranger Round Ink Blending Tool, Grey Pencil




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...