Friday, August 20, 2010

Vintage Holiday Wishes from the NEW Debbi Moore Vintage Christmas CD


Hi there - thanks for popping into my little world :-)

I made another Design Team card for Fat Cat's Card Corner using one of the many images on the Debbi Moore 'Vintage Christmas' CD that they sent me.  I think this image is my favourite - I LOVE the colours!  I enlarged the image a little then printed it onto buttermilk-coloured textured cardstock instead of white cardstock, and oh my gosh - it looks like an oil painting IRL - like it was painted onto canvas!  See my other photo below for a close-up and you will see what I mean - and you can even click on the photo for a bigger looky!

I added some tiny dots of AI adhesive to the holly berries on Santa's garland, then sprinkled on fine red glitter.  Each layer on the card has had Antique Linen ink sponged around the edges; the main image panel and sentiment are up on mounts (dimensionals).

It was SO HARD to cut into the 'Jolly by Golly' designer paper.  I bought it last season, but hadn't used it yet - I love it so much - I think I'll have to buy some more "just to look at" LOL!

The gorgeous sentiment is from a beautiful stamp set called "Very Vintage Christmas" by Waltzingmouse Stamps which is based in Ireland, but they post worldwide.  This is one of my favourite Christmas stamp sets and the fonts are so perfect for Vintage style cards.  The sentiment was heat-embossed with gold embossing powder.

Here is a close-up of the red glitter and textured buttermilk cardstock:


I'm popping this card in the Splitcoaststampers 'Ways to use it' Challenge WT274 of 'Sweet child' where you are to incorporate an image with a 'sweet child image'.  What can be sweeter than a child at Christmas who believes in the magic of Santa?  Santa even left a little piece of his red suit and white fur at our home last year when he sat down at our dining room table to eat his milk and cookies!  Amazing!

I am also popping this card into 2 other Challenges:

One is the Sparkle Creations Christmas Card Challenge Blog where this week's Challenge #37 is to use your border punches.  I used the Arch Lattice edge punch on mine - one of my favourite punches to use on Christmas cards.

And the other Challenge is A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge blog where this week's Challenge #117 is 'Christmas in August'.

Thanks again for stopping by - hope to see you again soon!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Waltingmouse 'Very Vintage Christmas' clear stamp set

Ink:  Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink, Versacolor gold pigment ink

Designer paper:  Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly 6 x 6 Mini Deck


Accessories:  Debbi Moore Vintage Christmas CD, Cuttlebug, Spellbinder Oval Nestabilities, sea sponge, mounts (dimensionals), .008 fine red glitter, Art Institute Designer Dries clear adhesive, Ribbon by Bella Ribbonz, Bow Easy, gold embossing powder, heat gun, cardstock: duck-egg blue, strawberry, buttermilk textured

5 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

A beautiful card and a beautiful image! I love how you have printed on to the textured card. Gorgeous!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful card and the DP is gorgeous.

PepPop said...

What a beautiful card! Love how Santa left a little piece of his suite behind - Santa always leaves (icing sugar dusted) footprints at my niece's house from the Chimney to the Christmas tree. Don't you just love Christmas! Jaqui x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jocelyn, I found your blog yesterday through Splitcoaststampers and I love your work. I adore the image and the layout of this card. So much in fact that I CASEd the layout for a card I will be posting on my blog in a few minutes. I hope you'll stop by. Thank you for the inspiration. I have become a follower and will be back often!

Anna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...