Sunday, April 3, 2011

Penny Black: Purr-fect Message Mother's Day, Birthday, Friendship or Thank you card




Hi friends!  Long time - no post!  My DD was off school sick this past week and then I got sick too with a bit of a cold and a migraine, so not a whole lot happening in my Craft Room - however, I did manage to finish this card yesterday as my DH was home to give me a break.

This super-cute Penny Black image was coloured with watercolour pencils and I added some Kindyglitz to the cat's bow, her cheeks, the mouse's cheek and the heart on the back of the mouse's envelope.  I punched some tiny hearts with my EK Success Arrows border punch (they are the leftover punchies) and glued them to the top RHS of the main image panel and added some Kindyglitz to them too.

The main image panel and the sentiment are up on mounts (dimensionals) - the ribbon was added in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.

It's very hard to tell from the photo but I added some rhinestones to the flower centres on the sentiment.  I coloured the rhinestones with a Pink Flamingo Bic Mark-It texta to match the rest of the card.

The gorgeous sparkly designer paper is by Best Creations which I picked up from a scrapbooking store in Bright, Victoria when I was there on holidays last September.   It was so hard to cut into as I love it so much - I think I will have to buy some more just for "looking" at LOL!

The bottom blue cardstock panel was embossed using my Cuttlebug and Caramello embossing folder.  I added a Scor-Pal line just above the border punching which gave me a nice straight line for lining up the embossing folder. 
 
I think you could use this card for a birthday, Mother's Day, friendship or a thank-you card which is why I chose a sentiment that fits lots of occasions!

Challenges:

I'm popping this card into the Allsorts Challenge Blog Week 97 of "Blooming Blossoms" where they want to see flowers and all things botanical.

I am also popping this card into the Splitcoaststampers Ways to use it WT316 challenge of "Flower Frenzy".

I tried to add as many flowery things to my card as possible and it was fun to combine all the different elements and search through my stash for anything "flowery" that I could use.  I also found things I forgot I had......LOL!

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black "Purr-fect Message" PB-40-040 slapstick, Sentiment from Lili of the Valley "For you circular sentiments" S213

Ink:  Versafine Onyx black

Designer paper:  Best Creations Bella Item #GP466

Accessories:  140lb Watercolour paper, Faber-Castell watercolour pencils, paintbrush, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Caramello embossing folder, Spellbinder Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, mounts, Scor-Pal, Basic Grey rhinestones, Pink Flamingo Bic Mark-It texta, blue flower button and blue sewing thread, dusty plum grosgrain ribbon, Bow Easy, Kindyglitz Crystalina, Cardstock:  dusty plum, sky blue

Punches:  Martha Stewart Floral Lace edge, EK Success Arrows border

10 comments:

Yenni Natalia said...

soooo cute :) i love the image and the colours :)

hugs
yenni

PepPop said...

That is such a cute image. Great card. Jaqui x

Anonymous said...

So lovely card!

Anita said...

This is a beautiful card. Your watercolored image is fabulous. I love the Penny Black animals ... they are all so adorable. Very pretty papers too.

Kristine said...

Hi Jocelyn!! Thank you so much for clicking thru from SCS to my blog today =) I'm sure glad you did too as I am LOVING what I'm seeing on your blog! FABBY cards... I LOVE PB stamps!! This card could be for this week's Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge too, which is just to make a card for a kid!! LOVE IT --- sooo adorable! =)

brenda said...

A gorgeous card Jocelyn, I love the bright fresh colours and of course the PB image.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation and joining in my Bloomin’ Blossoms theme at Allsorts this week

B x

There's a Stampalot voucher up for grabs here

Merry said...

This is so lovely...I so admire your colouring. I hope you are all on the mend and feeling better.

debby4000 said...

Adorable cute card.
luv
Debby

Denise Marzec said...

Just as SWEET as can BE! I love how BRIGHT it is!!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Adorable Jo bear and top quality work there!! sorry to hear you were sick - I must email you soon,
Love and God bless
Shaz.x PS your colouring is superb!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...