Thursday, April 8, 2021

Couture Creations Sunburnt Country Kookaburra Card

 

Hi everyone 😃

Today I am sharing a Wedding Anniversary card that I made for my husband.   I only made it yesterday as I have been sick since last weekend and struggled to do anything much.  Luckily, my husband is on leave at the moment so he has been going up to the shops and making dinner each night.   We celebrated 32 years today which is hard to believe.  He is such a lovely, gentle and kind man and I feel very blessed.


This is also my card for the Through the Craft Room Door Challenge - Anything Goes 6th April.  Please click on the underlined link to take you to the challenge.

We have lots of native birds that visit our garden which we all love and enjoy - and on a very rare occasion, we get kookaburras coming down to our decking.  We hear them laughing in the nearby trees all the time.  So, it wasn't a hard choice to make a card with a native bird on it as my husband loves all the birds who visit us.  The magpies hop on his knee to get a snack which is so ADORABLE!

The kookaburra is diecut decoupage by Couture Creations from their Sunburnt Country range which was released late in 2019.  I adore this range and anything that has Australian images on it is right up my alley.  The decoupage is only 3 layers so was very quick to put together.  I added the gum leaves either side of the image as the image is just a kookaburra sitting on a branch - so I thought it needed a bit of foliage.   The gum leaves are from the Ephemera pack and I cut some of the leaves down so they fitted better.   I fussy-cut the gum blossoms out of one of the 6" x 6" designer papers.  You can see a close-up here:


The background panel was cut from one of the 12" x 12" papers and already had a frame around it which was handy.  I added a strip of corrugated iron paper at the bottom which was cut from one of the 6" x 6" papers.

I layered this onto some more of the designer papers and trimmed the border to 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools then layered that onto a cream cardstock base.

The sentiment is by Uniquely Creative and is from their Outback Divine cut-a-part sheets.

Lastly, I glued on 3 x pink hearts around the image using tacky glue.   I got these hearts at a Craft Show (boy, I sure do miss going due to COVID!).  There is no brand name on them unfortunately.   I think you could use this card for lots of occasions just by changing the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Papers:  Couture Creations - Sunburnt Country 6" x 6" paper pad and 12" x 12" papers

Accessories:  Couture Creations - Sunburnt Country CO727185 Kookaburra diecut decoupage and Ephemera pack, dimensionals, Perfect Layers Tools, Artstar Tacky PVA glue, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Sentiment - Uniquely Creative Outback Divine Cut-a-part sheet, pink hearts (stash), cream card base


2 comments:

Merry said...

Morning Jocelyn, so great to see that you are still in blogland. I'm just doing what seems lately my 6 monthly catch up. :-) Love your card and all the wonderful layers, I bet your husband loved it too. Hope you are feeling better now.

Judy McKay said...

Very nice card. Love the layers o your card. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Judy DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...