Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Couture Creations Sunburnt Country Kookaburras on Post Card

 

Hi everyone 😀

Today I am sharing another card using the Couture Creations Sunburnt Country range - with a little bit of Uniquely Creative thrown in:


This is also my card for the following Challenges:  

Crafty Catz Challenge #548 of Anything Goes with the optional extra of 'All Creatures Great and Small' - which are my kookaburras

The Male Room - Challenge #149 for April of WoodMy wood is the wooden fence post that the kookaburra is standing on.  

Please click on the underlined link to take you to the challenge.

I have LOTS of masculine birthdays coming up in August - mostly in the first 2 weeks - so I am trying to get ahead a little.  I plan to do lots of Australian-themed cards and are trying to challenge myself to do different layouts and styles (wish me luck as I tend to be a one-trick pony!).

The main image is 3D diecut decoupage (or paper tole) by Couture Creations and only has 3 layers so was very quick and easy to put together.   This was layered onto some designer paper from the 6" x 6" paper pad of the same Couture Creations range.   The two strips of designer paper underneath the kookaburras are by Uniquely Creative from their Country Roads 6" x 6" paper pad.

You can see a close-up of the layers here:


The background corrugated iron, mustard coloured paper and blue paper which has a leaf design on it is all one panel cut from the Couture Creations 12" x 12" paper which you can see here at the bottom right-hand side:


I layered this panel onto a kraft cardstock base which I bought from KMart.  They have a really good range of scrapbooking and cardmaking products at KMart now which is fantastic especially now that Riot Art and Craft bricks and mortar stores have closed.  I used to get my card bases from Riot Art and Craft so it is great that I have an alternative store to go to - especially as there are no papercraft stores anywhere near me.

The sentiment is by Uniquely Creative - Country Roads - Creative Cuts and was popped up on dimensionals.  I added two self-adhesive brown brads either side which are by Stampin' Up but retired.

It was fun to mix and match 2 different company's paper ranges and I just love how my card turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps & Ink:  None

Designer Paper:  Couture Creations - Sunburnt Country 12" x 12" and 6" x 6" paper pad, Uniquely Creative - Country Roads 6" x 6" paper pad and Creative Cuts (sentiment)

Accessories:  Couture Creations 3D diecut decoupage - Kookaburra - CO727185, Perfect Layers Tools, dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Stampin' Up! self-adhesive brads (retired), Kraft card base


4 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's a fun card with the most Australian birds ever, favulous take on the wood theme. Thank you for playing at the Male Room Challenge

MortiCraft said...

Lovely combination of patterned papers and dimensional toppers. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Aunty Sue said...

what a lovely card and thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week

Sari / Granne said...

Such a beautiful papers and great layout, love the bird image, they look so cool. Thank you so much for joining our "Wood" challenge at the Male Room, I hope you'll join our new "Water/ Beach" challenge too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...