Thursday, December 27, 2018

Another Helz Cuppleditch decoupaged Christmas card!


Hi everyoneSmiley from Millan.Net

Today I am sharing another Christmas card that I made for my niece.  If you missed my last post, I made quite a few Christmas cards using one of my favourite designers, Helz Cuppleditch, Christmas decoupage collections.

This card uses an older collection called "The Night Before Christmas".  The decoupage (also known as paper tole) pad I bought on EBay from the UK during 2018.   Isn't the image just so ADORABLE!  I really love snowmen - which is probably odd because it never snows where I live and it is Summer at Christmas-time.




I am also popping this card into the following Challenges (click on the underlined words/links which will take you directly to the Challenge:

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 417 which is 'Anything Goes' (as long as it's Christmas) and the optional theme is to use the word 'Christmas'.

Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog - End of Year Anything Goes


Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday F4A460 - Holiday Card Show Off 2018 which is to show off your Christmas, Hanukkah, Winter or Holiday cards.


The decoupage images came already diecut so it was easy to just pop out the pieces and put them together using dimensionals.

All the designer papers are by My Mind's Eye - 12 Days of Christmas - which is one of my favourite collections from years gone by.  I added the main image onto some of the MME paper and trimmed it to 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools then rounded the edges with my Corner Chomper to match the image.  I added a punched border to the bottom panel using an EK Success Scalloped Scallop punch and trimmed the top part of the panel to 1/8".  I added the ribbon in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made using my Bow Easy.  I attached the bow using Helmar 450 quick dry adhesive.  I trimmed the papers on the base panel to 1/16" and 1/8" respectively.

I had a bunch of snowflakes that I diecut from silver glitter cardstock a while ago ready to use on my Christmas cards (sorry, I don't know which dies I used) and glued them on using Tombow Mono Aqua glue then added Kaisercraft silver rhinestones to the centres.

The sentiment is an old one from Elzybells (now out of business) and was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I diecut it using my Big Shot and a My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax die. The die only has a fishtail only on one end so I simply popped it back in my Big Shot to cut the other end.  I layered it onto some of the MME paper and trimmed it with my scalpel then added tiny green Molossi rhinestones to each end of the sentiment.

Lastly, I glued my card front onto a cream cardstock base using Tombow Mono Multi glue.

The image came already glittered but unfortunately you can't see it in the photo - however, it does look very pretty in real life.  It was super-windy and hot so I had to take the photo on my decking table in the shade out-of-the-wind where the light wasn't so great and I couldn't retake the photo the next day because I had already given it to my niece.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Elzybells Mini Messages - Christmas 20-054 clear set (retired)

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Designer Paper:   My Mind's Eye - 12 Days of Christmas 12" x 12" (retired) 

Accessories:  Trimcraft - Helz Cuppleditch - 'Night Before Christmas' (2015) diecut decoupage, Big Shot, dimensionals, Kaisercraft silver rhinestones, Molossi tiny green rhinestones, cardstock - cream card base and silver glitter, Kokuyo tape runner, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Tombow Mono Aqua blue, Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive, Perfect Layers Tools, American Crafts ribbon, Bow Easy

Dies:  Various brands of Snowflake dies, My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax dies

Punches:  EK Success Scalloped Scallop border EKPL8003, Corner Chomper



1 comment:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Jocelyn, yes another cute excellent card and totally agree re the images.

Clever of you to buy pop out 3D images, somehow I seem to fall for cut out ones and go crook at myself as I struggle to cut them out!! One day I’ll learn, hopefully..
The snowflake slook like they maybe memory box ones?
Happy new year dear Jobear and every blessing do the LORD for you all in 2019.
Prayer hugs,
Shaz in Oz.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...