Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Taylored Expressions Hop to It Easter Card


Hi everyone Waving Smileys

Sorry it's been such a long absence from posting.  I have made heaps of cards but not had the time to post them.  And I figure that sharing Christmas cards well after Christmas is probably not very exciting to my readers.  It was the first Christmas ever that I made ALL of the cards that I posted out as well as for neighbours and my immediate/extended family - but I ran out of time to share them here.  One way or the other, life seems to be busier with a teenager doing Year 11/12 than what it was when they were in Primary School (which, by the way, only seems like yesterday).   

And wow, what a different world we are living in at the moment with COVID-19.  In the State where I live in Australia, we have Stage 3 Restrictions which means we are only allowed out for 4 reasons:  

  • shopping for what you need - food and essential supplies
  • medical, care or compassionate needs
  • exercise in compliance with the public gathering requirements
  • work and study if you can't work or learn remotely
Most shops are closed other than food shops, pharmacies, hardware stores and KMart/Target and banks and it is eerily quiet at my local large shopping centre.  People wearing gloves and masks seem "normal" now and people are avoiding each other.

School for my daughter will be online for all of Term 2 which starts on the Wednesday after Easter which I am very happy about to protect her from the virus - and for my husband and myself to limit our exposure to it.   Being a Carer to a family member also means that I feel significant anxiety that if I get sick, who will look after my loved one?!  I am sure that many other Carers have the same anxiety.  I have also had trouble getting some of their prescription medications which are essential for their well-being.  That in itself, has been very, very stressful.   

It all seems so surreal and I am glad that I can turn to crafting to take my mind off things - which brings me to the Easter card that I made for my daughter:



The image is a background stamp - Hop to It by Taylored Expressions and was stamped using Altenew Obsidian Black pigment ink onto Neenah Solar White cardstock.  This has been my go-to black ink for the last 6 months because it stamps so crisply and cleanly the first time.  Even solid images like those by Lavinia Stamps stamp so beautifully and no parts of the image are missing.  Definitely recommend this ink if you have trouble with images stamping cleanly.

The background stamp comes with a set of clear stamps to stamp 4 different types of ears and the bunny's cheeks.  I used all Lawn Fawn inks to stamp these:  Ballet Slippers for the cheeks and Merman, Lemonade, Peachy Keen and Celery Stick for the ears.

The sentiment is by Memory Box from their Springtime Bunnies set.  I popped the sentiment up on dimensionals and added a tiny pink Molossi rhinestone at each end.

I used my old favourite EK Success Arrows border punch to punch tiny hearts from pink cardstock (the arrows look like tiny hearts to me and if you are no stranger to my blog, you will now that I use them ALOT on my cards).

Lastly, I added some sparkle to all the bunny cheeks and tiny hearts using my Wink of Stella clear glitter brush.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Hop to It rubber cling stamp and clear stamps - Taylored Expressions, Memory Box Springtime Bunnies clear set

Ink:  Lawn Fawn Merman, Celery Stick, Lemonade, Peachy Keen and Ballet Slippers; Altenew Obsidian Black pigment

Designer Papers and Dies:  None

Accessories:  Teal cardstock, Neenah 110lb Solar White cardstock, dimensionals, Molossi tiny pink rhinestones, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Lawn Fawn glue tube, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush, Stamp Positioner 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...