Wednesday, February 3, 2021

90th Birthday Card for my Mum

 

Hi everyone 😀

Today I am sharing a birthday card that I made for my Mother's 90th birthday:


Now, I would love to take credit for the design but it is from a Card Kit by Bev Cross Crafts in Tasmania (Australia) and was designed by Lisa Dick - a super-talented designer.  I have purchased quite a few of the Card Kits from Bev Cross Crafts over the past year or so and I can highly recommend them.  The kits have everything that you need - even the envelopes - and all you require is your adhesives and scissors.  The kits also have full-size photos of the cards and they are easy to follow.    This particular Card Kit has sold out but there are plenty of others that you could choose that are equally as beautiful.   Please note that I have no connection to Bev Cross Crafts nor Lisa Dick other than being a very happy customer.

I have really been enjoying buying card kits in the past year as they are handy when you need to make a quick card and are short on time - and they take me out of my comfort-zone.

I glued everything down using Tombow Mono Multi glue which is my favourite glue that I use all the time.  You can't tell in the photo but I sprayed the flower panel with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist so it is all sparkly and looks so pretty in real life.

I have been extra-busy these past few months taking care of a family member after major surgery so can only make cards in 10 minute bursts.  And I am too tired at night to make cards after a full day of helping them recover or going to appointments and usually listen to music instead to relax.  It has been challenging juggling everything in a Pandemic but at least we aren't in Lockdown anymore in Victoria and with no cases for 28 days, we are somewhat relaxed but also alert and careful to avoid germs.  I still have my Christmas tree and decorations up as I just haven't had a chance to put them away!  

Thanks for visiting my Blog today.   

Jocelyn



Card Recipe:

Accesssories:  Bev Cross Card Kit, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist

3 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Dear Jobear,
So very lovely to see you posting again and what an amazing card for your dear mums 90th, beautiful indeed, I agree re the card kits they really are lovely, I’ve bought some things from Bev Cross’s crafts in past though not recently, trying to be good?!!
Love that image and the colours used.
Sorry your dear one had to have surgery pray that it’s achieved all that you hoped for in having it, and every blessing upon you as you care for them.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

{Wonderful Words of Life - God has not given us a Spirit of Fear}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm, I don’t get it Jobear my comments don’t seem to get published, I keep checking and not published. I’m not sure why, what I’m doing wrong, I will try again.
Lovely lovely card very pretty indeed am sure it was greatly loved.
Praying for you and dear ones, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ And hope it’s okay where you are and pray your Covid lockdown will end tomorrow for everyone .
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Merry said...

Such a beautiful card and a great idea having the card kits on hand throughout the year. I have been using card kits for the last couple of Christmas's. I find they are wonderful way to get my card ideas happening as I start making the cards as designed but then slowly add my own bits and pieces to the kit. I hope the surgery went well and the family member is now recovering. Take care

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...