Thursday, August 26, 2021

Decorer - By the Sea - another nautical card

 
Hi everyone😀

Today I am sharing another nautical card (see my last post for 3 other nautical cards).  This one is just for my stash and thought that whilst I had all my nautical papers out, I may as well make some more cards until I tire of the theme.

This is also another card for the following Challenge Blogs.  Please click on the underlined link to take you straight to the Challenge.

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #691 - Anything Goes with the optional extra of bright colours.

The Male Room - Challenge #153 - Our 8th Birthday Challenge - a masculine-themed birthday something




I am still using the Decorer M26 'By the Sea' pack of images which I love so much.  The blue woodgrain designer paper is by Kaisercraft from their Sail Away 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad.  The beige arrow designer paper on the bottom panel is also by Kaisercraft from their Sandy Toes 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad.

The bottom red panel was punched using a Martha Stewart Arch Lattice edge punch.  The red cardstock was trimmed to 1/16" using my Perfect Layers Tools; the kraft cardstock to 1/8".  The red cardstock and the red stripe on the image panel are more of a burgundy colour and not as bright as you see in the photo.  Red is notoriously difficult to photograph unfortunately.

The wooden stars are from my stash.  The 'Best Wishes' wooden sentiment is by Crafts4U - Wooden Embellishments - Words.  The brass anchor charm is also from my stash - and both it and the wooden elements were glued on using Helmar 450 Quick Dry adhesive.

The rope twine I saved from a price label on a pair of jeans thinking that it was too good to throw away - and it reminded me of the rope they have on old sailing ships so I thought it was perfect for my card. 

Once I finished my card front, I glued it to a kraft cardstock base which I bought from KMart.

I think you could use this card for Father's Day as well as a birthday card.

Thanks for visiting my blog today 😃

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Paper:  Blue woodgrain - Kaisercraft 'Sail Away' and beige arrow - Kaisercraft 'Sandy Toes' - both 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pads

Accessories:  Decorer 'By the Sea' M26 image, Perfect Layers Tools, rope twine - stash, wooden stars - stash, brass anchor charm - stash, Best Wishes - Crafts4U #10226 Wooden Embellishments - Words, Helmar, 450 Quick Dry adhesive, tape runner, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Cardstock - dark red, American Crafts kraft, Anko kraft card base - KMart

Punches:  Martha Stewart Arch Lattice edge


5 comments:

R's Rue said...

I’m loving the nautical cards. They’re some of my absolute favorites. Well done. Have a lovely day.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

MortiCraft said...

And a nautical theme is just so good for a masculine card! I really like making nautical cards but I don’t live anywhere near the sea! Your card is lovely. Nice colours and well balanced. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Cardsbymaaike said...

Ships seem to be very much used this challenge, I like it. Thank you for playing at the Male Room Challenges.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Jobear,
I love your make cards you’ve been making and one for your stash is brilliant idea.
The male three below are really beautiful. Thanks for telling us all about them too lots don’t.
I wonder if your garden is starting to show signs of spring?
I was out there today and mulching feeding my roses, one bed to go, two thirds done is nice!
… they are amazing this year the growth they’re putting on so early, and we’ve had no rain to speak of.. I am watering though.. pray fir you each day, and dear ones.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Sari / Granne said...

Gorgeous card, love the ship and how you've used the ribbon - perfect touch. Thank you so much for joining The Male Room Challenge #153 - Our 8th Birthday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...