Friday, August 20, 2021

Decorer By the Sea Birthday Masculine Cards

 

Hi everyone 😊

Today I am sharing 3 Birthday Cards that I made for my brother, husband and brother-in-law.

These are also my cards for the following Challenges - please click on the underlined words to take to you the Challenge:

The Male Room - Challenge #153 - it is their 8th birthday and the challenge is to make a masculine birthday themed project.



Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #691 - Anything Goes with the optional extra of bright colours.

The main image on all the cards are from a little pack I bought from EBay called Decorer Scrapbook Paper M26 - By the Sea which come in a pack of 24 and has 3 of 8 designs.   I bought these on a whim because they looked interesting and were only $7.50 and was so pleased with them that I bought a few more packs.  I think the images are perfect for masculine cards.

The first card - which I gave to my husband - uses some scrap papers I found in my stash which I bought in a random pack of 6" x 6" papers at a Craft Show so I have no idea what brand they are.   


I really MISS going to Craft Shows and are really looking forward to when we can have them again post-pandemic here in Victoria, Australia.  We are currently in our 6th Lockdown so it will be so wonderful when I can walk through the Craft Show doors and just feast my eyes on all the crafty goodness 😀

All the cardstock layers were trimmed to 1/16" and 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.  The bottom panel was punched using my Fiskars Scalloped Border punch.  The 'Best Wishes' sentiment is by Crafts4U - Wooden Embellishments - Words and was glued on using Helmars 450 Quick Dry adhesive.  I bought a whole bunch of these Crafts4U wooden embellishments from Catchy Crafts in NSW.   I have no connection to them but I highly recommend them.  I have met Doug and Dina in person many times and they are the loveliest people who always go that extra mile.  The wooden star is from my stash.  The ribbon is old and by Little Yellow Bicycle.  Haven't heard of them for a long time.  So many companies have disappeared over the years and they were one of my favourites - as was Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket.  

Once I had finished the card panel, I adhered it to a kraft cardstock base which I bought from KMart.

This second card, I gave to my brother-in-law:


I punched the bottom panel using my Fiskars Threading Water border punch.  The main background designer paper is by Kaisercraft - from their Coastal Escape 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad.  The bottom panel designer paper is also by Kaisercraft - from their Sandy Toes 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad.

The cardstock layers were trimmed to 1/16" and 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.   The anchor charm is from my stash and the ribbon again, is by Little Yellow Bicycle.  The 'Best Wishes' sentiment is by Crafts4U and was glued on using Helmars 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.  The unbranded wooden star is also from my stash.

My third card I gave to my brother for his 60th birthday.  Unfortunately we couldn't see each other due to our restrictions/lockdown.


The main image is from that same Decorer 'By the Sea' pack.  The red designer paper is by Kaisercraft - Sail Away from their 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad and the teal paper is also by Kaisercraft - Coastal Escape from their 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad.   The ribbon is by Tim Holtz Idealogy - Naturals, red/cream and I added Fray Stop to the cut ends to stop them from fraying.   The sentiment is by Crafts4U - Wooden Happy Birthday and the wooden stars are from my stash.  The bottom panel was punched using my Fiskars Threading Water border punch.  I have used this punch so much over the years for masculine cards and it never seems to date.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


CARD RECIPE:

Card #1

Designer Paper:  Scraps from stash - unknown brand

Accessories:  Image by Decorer Scrapbook Paper - By the Sea #M26, Perfect Layers Tools, anchor charm, ribbon - My Little Bicycle (retired), Fray Stop, Best Wishes - Crafts4U Wooden Embellishments Words #10226, wooden star (from stash), Helmars 450 Quick Dry adhesive, Tombow Mono Multi glue, cardstock: dark brown and light teal plus kraft card base (KMart)

Punches:  Fiskars Scalloped border

Card #2:

Designer Paper:  Kaisercraft - Coastal Escape and Sandy Toes 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad

Accessories:  Image by Decorer Scrapbook Paper - By the Sea #M26, Perfect Layers Tools, anchor charm, ribbon - My Little Bicycle (retired), Fray Stop, Best Wishes - Crafts4U Wooden Embellishments Words #10226, wooden star (from stash), Helmars 450 Quick Dry adhesive, Tombow Mono Multi glue, cardstock: dark brown and light teal plus kraft cards base (KMart)

Punches:  Fiskars Threading Water border

Card #3:

Designer Paper:  Kaisercraft - Sail Away and Coastal Escape 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad

Accessories:  Image by Decorer Scrapbook Paper - By the Sea #M26, Perfect Layers Tools,  ribbon - Tim Holtz Idealogy - Naturals red/cream #TH93104, Fray Stop, Crafts4U Wooden Happy Birthday #70074, wooden star (from stash), Helmars 450 Quick Dry adhesive, Tombow Mono Multi glue, cardstock: teal and red plus kraft card base (KMart)

Punches:  Fiskars Threading Water border




4 comments:

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Goga said...

Beautiful birthday card! Thanks for playing at TMR challange. Goga

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Male Room blog challange

Helen said...

A wonderful selection of designs.

Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x
(DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...