Monday, February 21, 2022

Trimcraft Me to You Sweet Shoppe Valentine's Day card


Hi everyone 😀

Today I am sharing a card that I gave to my daughter for Valentine's Day:


I made the card on the 13th February so was a very last-minute make.  Our cat Ruby has been terribly sick these past 2 weeks so I have been very busy looking after her and had multiple Vet visits, blood tests etc.  The blood tests came back with nothing so it is a real puzzle but at least it's not kidney failure.  Ruby is now 13 so not a young cat and it's such an ordeal for her to take her to and from the Vet.  The next step will be an ultrasound and X-rays and the Vet is thinking it might be something neurological which doesn't sound too good.   Hopefully she will be OK.

Anyway, back to my card........ My photo editing program isn't working properly so I had to use a different one which had me tearing my hair out.  And even then, I could not figure out how to save it as a smaller file so ended up using the old program Paint to resize it.  So frustrating when you have used a program for over 10 years and suddenly it stops working - and wrapping my old brain cells around something else isn't a quick process.  Thank goodness for Google to search how do stuff.  I find the 'Help' that is attached to programs really UN-helpful and it's so much easier and quicker to understand it when someone posts a You-Tube video on how do something.  The colours on the card are actually a bit lighter in real life but this was the best I could do with the other program.

I am entering my card in the following Challenge:

Splitcoaststampers - Free for All F4A265 - Hearts and/or Flowers

The main image is by Trimcraft - Me to You (Tatty Teddy) Sweet Shoppe decoupage kit which is from some years ago.  Makes it so easy to layer the images together when all the pieces are already diecut 😀   Tatty Teddy is holding a sweet/lolly/candy in case you couldn't figure out what it is.  Inside the card, it says:  "You are so sweet".   My daughter and I are BIG Tatty Teddy fans so I have a little stash of Tatty Teddy papercraft products that have been released over the years.  I layered the image onto some mint cardstock and rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper then popped the panel up on foam tape.

Here is a close-up so you can see the dimension on the image:


All the designer papers are by Cocoa Vanilla - Unforgettable - 6" x 8" paper stack which just happened to match the image perfectly.  The punched pink cardstock border was made using my old favourite edge punch - Martha Stewart Lace Heart border.  I glued the leftover punched hearts around the image just to fill in some of the blank space and added some sparkle to them using a Wink of Stella clear glitter brush.

All the layers were trimmed to 1/16" and 1/8" respectively using my Perfect Layers Tools.

The sentiment is from another Trimcraft 'Me to You' range.  The twine came from my local supermarket - Woolworths (Australia) - and was part of their Valentine's Day range.

Finished size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" or about 140mm x 140mm.

On a happy note:  I was able to go to a Craft Show last Saturday - the first time since the Pandemic started.  It was so lovely to look at products in person and see all the new releases and card samples.   I always stock up on my staples like glue and card bases so tend to be more pragmatic in my approach so I don't have to by them online.  My favourite retailer is always Catchy Crafts as they are so upbeat and wanting to help you with anything that you need - and they always have a HUGE stand with everything you could ever need.  I buy from them online too and can highly recommend them.  No connection to them - just a happy customer wanting to support our Australian retailers. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Paper:  Cocoa Vanilla Unforgettable 6" x 8" Paper Stack

Accessories:  Perfect Layers Tools, Tombow Mono Multi glue, dimensionals, Corner Chomper, Trimcraft 'Me to You' Tatty Teddy Sweet Shoppe decoupage set, Sentiment - Trimcraft, twine - Woolworths, cardstock - pink, mint and white card base, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush

Punches:  Martha Stewart Lace Heart edge
  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...