Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Stamperia Cosmos - Father's Day Card

 
Hi everyone 😀

We celebrate Father's Day here in Australia on the first Sunday in September - so Father's Day was last Sunday - and this is the card that I made for my husband who is a great Dad to our daughter:


This is also my entry for the following Challenge:

    Just Add Ink #619 - Masculine

As I still had the gorgeous Stamperia Cosmos papers on my desk from all the masculine birthday cards that I have made of late, I thought I would use them again.  I just adore these papers and they are so perfect for guy's cards IMHO 😀

The main image was trimmed from one of the sheets and was layered onto teal and sepia cardstock and trimmed to 1/18" and 1/16" respectively using my Perfect Layers Tools.

The side panel was punched using a Fiskars Scallop border punch.  The ribbon is from my stash.  Both the side panel and main panel were popped up on dimensionals.

The 3 small brads are by Inque Boutique.

The sentiment is by Kaisercraft - Everyday Hero - from their 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad and was cut in half.  The top half of the sentiment had some tools on it so didn't fit with the wolf image.  Everyday Hero is a recent release and I really love it.   Kaisercraft recently opened a store in my suburb so it's been wonderful to spend time in there.  I have no other scrapbooking stores near me so it is such a feast for the eyes to look at papers etc. in person which I haven't done for ages. 

Lastly, I added some Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush to the moon so it sparkles but you can't tell in the photo.

Once I had finished my card front, I glued it to a Kaisercraft kraft card base.

It's a simple card - but I don't like too much fuss for my masculine cards.  I find that if I fuss too much, I overthink it and it takes me waaaaay longer to make than it should - plus I was making it on Saturday night so not alot of time!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Paper:  Stamperia Cosmos 12" x 12" pad, Kaisercraft Everyday Hero 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad

Accessories:  Perfect Layers Tools, ribbon - stash, brads - Inque Boutique, paper piercer, dimensionals, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush, Tombow Mono Multi glue, cardstock - teal, sepia, Kaisercraft kraft card base

Punches:  Fiskars Scallop border



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...