Thursday, April 13, 2023

Penny Black Dancing Chick Easter Card

 
Hi everyone 😀

My Craft Room has been a whirl of activity - partly from revamping my room after the purchase of some second-hand Ikea units off Facebook Marketplace for only $20 - and from making a couple of cards in amongst the total chaos of it all.  I started revamping my room in December but then COVID struck and I have been very tired ever since.  Little by little, I am getting things sorted out but can't do too much so it's been more than a little frustrating! 😒 

The card I am sharing today is an Easter card that I made for my daughter.  This is also my card for the following Challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - April - Anything Goes with option of Something Funny

Creative Knockouts - #491 - 2 or more Patterned Papers

Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday F4A684 - Easter


The main image is a retired Penny Black wood-mounted stamp called 'Dancing Chick'.  I have had this stamp for many years and I just love how joyful that little chick is.  I stamped the chick using Versafine Onyx Black ink onto Ranger watercolour cardstock and coloured it with a mix of Jasart Voyager watercolour discs and Faber-Castell watercolour pencils using a #2 round paintbrush.  I diecut the image panel using Lifestyle/Quickutz Nesting Card Templates dies and my Big Shot.

The larger hearts around the chick are a die from Impression Obsession - Mini Heart Row - and the tiny hearts are the leftover punchies from my EK Success Arrows border punch.  I glued them on using Tombow Mono Aqua glue.

The designer papers are by American Crafts - Hello Spring - from 2016 so long-retired.  Just love the bright colours in this paper pad!  All the layers on my card are designer paper.

The sentiment is by Memory Box - Springtime Bunnies - another older set - and was stamped using the same black ink.  I diecut it using a Spellbinder Shapeabilities Labels Trio die then added 2 x 4mm aqua Crafter's Choice Bling.

Both the sentiment and main image panel are up on dimensionals.

I added some Stampin' Up! Dazzling Details glitter glue to the hearts, flowers and the bunny's cheeks.

Once I had finished the card front, I attached it to an Anko white card base using Tombow Mono Multi glue.  I buy all my card bases from KMart as they are a great value for money.

We had a quiet Easter break and just enjoyed our time together and having a break from working.  It was really cold and wet so we lit the slow-combustion fire and hunkered down inside.  I pity anyone who went camping as it would have been miserable!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black 'Dancing Chick' 2564F wood-mount, Sentiment - Memory Box Springtime Bunnies CL5169 clear

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Designer Paper:  American Crafts - Hello Spring 6" x 6" pad (retired) - from 2016

Accessories:  Stamping Platform, Big Shot, Tombow Mono Multi and Mono Aqua glue, dimensionals, Crafter's Choice Bling VE077, Jasart Voyager watercolour discs, Faber-Castell watercolour pencils, #2 round paintbrush, Stampin' Up! Dazzling Details glitter glue, Ranger watercolour cardstock, Anko white card base (KMart)

Dies:  Spellbinders Shapeabilities Labels Trio S3-147 (retired), Liftstyle/Quickutz Nesting Card Templates DCO431, Impression Obsession Mini Hearts Row DIE134-D

Punches:  EK Success Arrows border



1 comment:

Marjeta said...

Adorable image and super DP. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...