Saturday, April 29, 2023

Stampin' Up Beautiful You 21st Birthday Card and Gift Box

 
Hi everyone 😊

Today I am sharing a card and gift box that I made for my niece's 21st birthday.  My niece had a party in a restaurant which I thought was a great idea when there are alot of people invited.  Much easier to cater for and you don't have to clean up afterwards LOL!  My husband and daughter went along but I didn't due to my never-ending fatigue from long-COVID and I didn't want to be a wet blanket and ask to go home after just an hour of being there.  I was disappointed that I couldn't go but at least people are understanding of how debilitating long-COVID can be.


The main image and sentiment are from a retired set by Stampin' Up called Beautiful You.  I adore this stamp set and one that I will never part with.  I stamped the image using Versafine Onyx Black ink onto Ranger watercolour cardstock and coloured it with Lyra watercolour pencils and a #2 round paintbrush.  I think it took me about 3 minutes to colour it!  I diecut the image using my Big Shot and a Lifestyle Nesting Circle die and layered it onto the peach designer paper then diecut a scalloped circle from the darker blue designer paper.

All the papers are my Mintay - Harmony.  Aren't the colours gorgeous?!  

For the LHS panel, I dry embossed the peach designer paper with a retired Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder.   I have really been enjoying using my embossing folders again.  They kind-of fell out-of-favour for quite a few years but with all the amazing 3D embossing folders now available, they are back on-trend.  The blue designer paper was punched using a Martha Stewart Lace Doily edge punch.  I tied on some peach organza ribbon then threaded some peach/gold twine through a gold heart charm and glued that underneath the organza ribbon using fabric glue.  The twine came in a pack of 6 from KMart.  

The sentiment panel was diecut using a retired Spellbinders Shapeabilities Labels Trio die and popped up on dimensionals.  

The peach diamantes on the top RHS I bought on EBay ages ago.  It was a bulk lot of all sorts of colours.  I glued them on using Helmar 450 glue.

Once I had finished the card front, I glued it onto a white card base using Tombow Mono Multi glue.

I decorated the card inside too.  Please excuse the quality of the image but I took it very late in the afternoon and the light was dreary and no amount of editing seemed to improve it much.  Oh well!



The sentiment is also from the Beautiful You stamp set.  I added a strip of leftover designer paper then added the stickers on the LHS from the Mintay Harmony Cardboard Sticker sheet.  

Here is the gift box:


This was a last-minute make so by the time I finished it to photograph it, the light was terrible for photographing.  The box is by Stampin' Up and has been in my stash forever and retired.   I wrapped some designer paper around the box then punched two tiny holes using a retired Stampin' Up 1/16" Hole Punch.  I bought this punch on clearance and it is very handy when you only want a tiny hole in something.  I threaded the peach/gold twine through the holes.  The sentiment is also from the Beautiful You stamp set.  I diecut the sentiment using a Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities die and popped it up on dimensionals.   I ended up stamping the sentiment 3 times after smearing it when I diecut it because I was too impatient to let it dry!  Amazing how you just don't think when you are under time-pressure!   The gold stickers are also from Stampin' Up but long retired.

Here is another photo of the box from the side:


And a photo of the back:  


I popped a pair of earrings in a small organza bag into the box and nestled them in some gold tissue paper.  I bought the earrings from my local Pharmacy which has some beautiful giftware but they didn't come in a box so I had to put my thinking cap on for how to wrap them and to make them look elegant.  I was really pleased with how the box turned out and I love how the box matches the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Stampin' Up Beautiful You (retired)

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Designer Paper:  Mintay Harmony 6" x 6" paper pad + 12" x 12" papers + Sticker Sheet

Accessories:  Big Shot, Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder (retired), gold heart charm (stash), 1" wide peach organza ribbon (stash), peach/gold twine - KMart, Lyra watercolour pencils, #2 round paintbrush, dimensionals, Helmar 450 glue, Tombow Mono Multi glue, fabric glue, peach diamantes, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush, white card base, Ranger watercolour cardstock

Dies:  Spellbinder Shapeabilities S3-147 Labels Trio (retired), Lifestyle Nesting Circles + Scalloped Circles

Punches:  Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge


Gift Box Recipe:

Stamps:  Stampin' Up Beautiful You (retired)

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Designer Paper:  Mintay Harmony 6" x 6" paper pad

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Kraft Gift Box (retired), Stampin' Up gold stickers (retired), Stampin' Up 1/16" hole punch (retired), Big Shot, doublesided tape, dimensionals, peach/gold twine - KMart, white cardstock scrap

Dies:  Spellbinder Scalloped Oval Nestabilities


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...