Saturday, August 12, 2023

Mintay Garage Birthday Card No. 1

 
Hi everyone 😀

Today I am sharing a Birthday Card that I made for my brother-in-law's birthday using the awesome Mintay Garage Collection.  Our family has 4 masculine birthdays in August so I have been busy, busy, busy!


This is also my card for the following Challenges:

The Male Room - Challenge #177 - Dots and/or Stripes - my dots are the holes in the punched border, the Candi dots and the stripes are the tartan designer paper

Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday Challenge - August - Anything Goes 

Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday - F4A155 - Blues and Browns 

The main image was trimmed from one of the Mintay 12" x 12" papers which has 12 images on it so it makes life easy when you don't need to stamp and colour an image.  My brother-in-law spends alot of his time working in his tool shed and is always fixing things and very talented with his woodwork - so I thought this image was absolutely perfect for him.  

I added another toolbox image on top with dimensionals which is from the accompanying Mintay Paper Diecuts collection.  You can see a closeup of the dimension here:


The tartan and grid plate designer papers are from the Mintay Garage 12" x 12" paper pack.  All the layers were trimmed to 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.  The cardstock is by Kaisercraft.  

The sentiment is by Uniquely Creative from their Essential Birthday Sentiments Mini Cut-a-part Sheet and was popped up on dimensionals.

The beige cardstock border on the LHS was punched using my Fiskars Threading Water border punch which I use alot for masculine cards.  I added a score line next to it using my Martha Stewart Score Board.   The ribbon is from my stash and was added in 2 separate elements which I find easier and neater.

I added some Candi Dots on the top RHS with dimensionals.  I thought the colour matched the cover on the tape measure so perfectly.   I have had these Candi Dots in my stash for years.  They are like faux brads and so easy to pop on your card. 

Once I had finished the card front, I glued it to an Anko Kraft card base using my Tombow Mono Multi glue.

Finished size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" or 140mm x 140mm.

Thanks for visiting my Blog today!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Papers:  Mintay Garage 12" x 12" paper pack + Paper Diecuts MT-GAG-LSC

Accessories:  Candi Dots - Craftwork Cards (retired), dimensionals, Perfect Layers Tools, Ribbon - stash, Uniquely Creative Essential Birthday Sentiments Mini Cut-a-part Sheet, Martha Stewart Score Board, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Anko Kraft Card Base (K-Mart Australia), Other Cardstock - Kaisercraft

Punches:  Fiskars Threading Water border


3 comments:

MortiCraft said...

Fabulous masculine card and so lovely how well matched everything is. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Sari / Granne said...

Loving the masculine papers and image with the embellishments that goes perfect with them. Thank you for sharing with us over here at The Male Room and best of luck with your entry.
Granne DT

Ellibelle said...

Such a fun masculine creation!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...