Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Lavinia Dancing Till Dawn - Twilight Scene Scape Birthday Card

 
Hi everyone,

This was my Splitcoaststampers Design Team Fan Club Card for the March theme of Dancing through Life.  One of the suggestions was to make a card with dancers.  What is more magical than fairies dancing in the forest beneath the moonlight?

Now that it is 6+ months since the challenge went live, I can share it online.


My background is a Lavinia Scene Scape called Twilight which has the moon and the black along the bottom plus the grass - and I added lots of stamped images to complete my scene.  Note that I trimmed the Scene Scape down from it's original size of 6" x 6" - 15cm x 15cm.   The fairies are called Dancing till Dawn and were stamped using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.  The tree on the LHS is called Tree of Courage and the tree on the RHS is called Tree of Hope.  The hanging tendrils from the trees are from the Tree of Courage Set and were stamped using Versafine Clair Twilight Ink.  The foliage along the bottom are Leaf Creeper and Lavender.  Some were stamped in Nocturne Ink - others with Twilight - and some are 2nd generation so it added a bit of depth to the scene.

I originally had a sentiment above the moon and had it perfectly placed using my Stamp Positioner Tool - then dropped the ink pad on my card!  Oh no!  I thought it was ruined - until my daughter suggested I trim it down - and you know what?  I like it better now!  

I used a Round Paintbrush to dip into the Nocturne Ink and painted in the tree trunks and branches, then went around the edge of the card using an Ink Blending Tool fitted with a Domed Pad.  I did heat-set the panel as I was afraid of smearing the ink.  I used various brands/colours of Paint Pens to add dots to make the scene more magical.  I glued the image panel onto Kaisercraft Sage Cardstock with a 1/16" border, then some Teal Cardstock from my stash - again with a 1/16" border, then finally Kaisercraft Coal Cardstock with an 1/8" border, then onto an American Crafts White Card Base.

I added dots of glue using my Quickie Glue Pen then sprinkled on Bellbird Diamond Glitter.  Final touches were Anko Glitter Markers to the fairies wings.

Finished size is 6-1/8" x 4-1/2" or 155mm x 114mm.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  All Lavinia - Dancing till Dawn LAV273 - Tree of Hope LAV658 - Tree of Courage LAV657 - Leaf Creeper LAV742 - Lavender LAV093

Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne + Twilight

Designer Paper:  Lavinia SceneScapes Twilight

Accessories:  Stamping Platform, Heat-Gun, Quickie Glue Pen, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Bellbird Diamond Glitter, Ink Blending Tool with Domed Pad, WRMK Perfect Layers Guides, Anko Glitter Brush Markers 40/24 (KMart), WRMK Perfect Layers Guides, Round Paintbrush, Paint Pens, American Crafts White Card Base, Kaisercraft Coal + Sage Cardstock, Teal Cardstock (stash)


No comments: