Sunday, September 13, 2026

Stamp-It Australia Windward Nautical Masculine Card

 
Hi everyone,

I am still making my Nautical Cards in-between other projects that I am working on.  I just love making nautical themed cards for men and really enjoy the process so much - and here is what I made:


Challenges

This is also my card for the following challenges - click on the underlined link to take you to the challenge:
  • Splitcoaststampers - USEIT2026 - Use something old or neglected from your stash
  • Crafty Catz - #719 - Anything Goes
  • Little Red Wagon - #875 - Use a Stamp
The main image is a very old Stamp-It Australia stamp called Windward which dates back to 1998.  I really miss Stamp-It Australia as they had such a large and diverse range of stamps.  They are still in business but no longer make stamps for cardmaking.

I stamped the ship using Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink onto Ranger Watercolour Cardstock.  The ship was coloured using a variety of mediums - Derwent Inktense Pencils, Lyra Watercolour Pencils and Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  

I extended the sea further down because it looked weird when I diecut it to have a blank area.  I added whitecaps to the ocean using a White Gel Pen and smeared it a little with my finger to help it blend in.

I went over some of the brown lines using a Brown Copic Multiliner - mostly on the body of the ship and the mast to darken up the wood and give it a little more definition.

I layered the main image onto American Crafts Kraft Cardstock then Kaisercraft Shadow Cardstock, then ink blended around the panel using Hero Arts Soft Sand Shadow Ink - as are all the layers on my card.

The designer papers are by Kaisercraft Sandy Toes which was first released in 2014 so are old.

The Navy Blue Grosgrain Ribbon I saved from an old gift bag that was being thrown out.  It was added in 2 separate elements because it is easier for me that way so that it sits nicely on the card.  I added some Fray Stop to the cut ends to stop them from fraying.

The sentiment is from the back of the Sandy Toes Paper Pad and was popped up on scraps of white cardstock.

The red hearts were diecut from Red Cardstock using an Impression Obsession Heart of Hearts Die which I've had for many years.  I love it because it diecuts lots of different hearts:


I added some Uniquely Creative Clear Sparkle Brush to the hearts plus the red flags on the ship as well as the whitecaps on the ocean.

Once I had finished my card front, I glued it to a Kaisercraft White Card Base using Tombow Mono Multi Glue.

Finished size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" or 140mm x 140mm.

I think you could use this card for a Birthday or a Wedding Anniversary or Father's Day.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Stamp-It Australia Windward 1073G Self-Cling Rubber Stamp (1998 & retired)

Ink:  Versafine Vintage Sepia, Hero Arts Soft Sand Shadow

Designer Paper:  Kaisercraft Sandy Toes PP957 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" Pad (2014)

Accessories:  Big Shot, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, Derwent Inktense + Lyra Watercolour Pencils, #2 & #4 Round Paintbrushes, Copic Brown .005 Multiliner, Uniquely Creative Clear Sparkle Brush, White Gel Pen, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Navy Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, Fray Stop, Ink Blending Tool with Domed Pad, Cardstock - Kaisercraft Shadow + American Crafts Kraft + Scraps of White & Red, Ranger Watercolour Cardstock, Kaisercraft White Card Base

Dies:  Impression Obsession Heart of Hearts DIE052-I (retired), Lifestyle Nesting Circles (retired)


No comments: