Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Lavinia Dancing till Dawn Woodland Walk SceneScapes Card

 
Hi everyone,

This was my Splitcoaststampers Fan Club Design Team Card for the March Challenge of Dancing, and one of the ideas for interpretation was Images of Dancers which is why I chose my dancing fairies.  

Now that it is 6+ months since the challenge went live, I can share my card online.


The background image is a Lavinia Scene Scape called Woodland Walk.  I stamped the Dancing till Dawn Fairies using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.  I stamped the foliage - Forest Mushroom Mini + Leaf Creeper + Maple Leaf + Thimbleweed using various inks:  Versafine Clair Shady Lane + Versamagic Hint of Pesto + Kaisercraft Splice.  Some are 1st generation and others 2nd generation to try and add depth to the scene.

The sentiment is also by Lavinia - See a Fairy, Make a Wish - but I masked off most of it off using a Post-It Note so I could just have those two lines.  I stamped it using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and used a Stamp Positioner so I could get perfect placement.

I went around the edges of the card using Shady Lane Ink and my Ink Blending Tool fitted with a Domed Pad.  I added dots using various brands of Paint Pens.  I added dots of glue around my card + on the fairy wings + along the ground using my Quickie Glue Pen then sprinkled on Bellbird Diamond Glitter.

The main image panel was layered onto Pale Yellow-Green Cardstock with a 1/16" border, then Green Cardstock with a 1/16" border and Black Cardstock with a 1/8" border.  

Finally, I glued my front panel to an American Crafts White Card Base using Tombow Mono Multi Glue.

Finished size is 6-3/8" x 4-3/4" or 161mm x 121mm.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  All Lavinia - Dancing Till Dawn LAV273, Forest Mushroom Mini LAV564, Leaf Creeper LAV742, Maple Leaf LAV039, Thimbleweed LAV872, See a Fairy Make a Wish LAV485

Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne + Shady Lane, Versamagic Hint of Pesto Chalk, Kaisercraft Splce IP704

Designer Paper:  Lavinia Scene Scapes Woodland Walk

Accessories:  Ink Blending Tool with Domed Pad, Kaisercraft Trimmer, Quickie Glue Pen, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Bellbird Diamond Glitter, Stamp Positioning Tool, Paint Pens - various brands, Post-It Note (for masking sentiment), Cardstock - Pale Yellow Green + Green + Black, American Crafts White Card Base


No comments: