Sunday, April 17, 2022

Penny Black Bunny Kiss Easter Card + Update on Ruby


Hi everyone 😀

I have been on a roll of late making cards and boy, my Craft Room is a mess 😮 - but it is good to get back into making more cards and blogging.  Today I am sharing an Easel Card that I made for my daughter for Easter:


This is also my card for the following Challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - PBSC April - Anything Goes with optional Easter  
 
Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday Challenge F4A634 - Renewal Old to New - with suggestions of using old items from your stash or recycle something etc.  My old items are the border punches and both stamps.  

The main image is by Penny Black - Bunny Kiss.  I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto Ranger watercolour cardstock and coloured it using Lyra watercolour pencils and a #2 round paintbrush.  I went over the black outlines using a black Unipin 0.1 marker to make them darker after colouring.   I diecut the panel using my Big Shot and Lifestyle Nesting Rounded Squares dies.  The tiny pink hearts around the image are the leftover punchies after using an EK Success Arrows border punch as they look like tiny hearts to me.  I added Stampin' Up Dazzling Details glitter glue to the cheeks on the bunny and chick as well as the flowers and tiny hearts.  You can see a little bit of the glitter in this close-up:


The designer papers are by Craft Consortium - Bloom and Wild.  I adore the designs in this pad - so pretty.

The sentiment is a clear stamp by Pink Gem Designs which I have had for a really long time which came in a set.  Pink Gem Designs have a store on Etsy but only sell digital products these days.  I rounded the corners on the sentiment panel using a Corner Chomper then added Artstar pink gemstones.  I popped the panel up using several scrap pieces of cardstock so it would hold the front panel in place when open.

The punched border is my old favourite - Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch.  The ribbon is from my stash and I attached it in 2 separate elements - and the bow itself was made using my Bow Easy.  I glued the bow down using Fabric glue.  The pink and white cardstock layers were trimmed to 1/16" or 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.

Here is a photo of the closed card:


On a happy note and an update from my blog post on 21st February:  I took our cat Ruby to a different Vet clinic a week ago to get a 2nd opinion about her vomiting and he took about 5 seconds to diagnose Inflammatory Bowel Disease from Ruby's blood tests which had been taken by our regular Vet clinic.  Somehow, the diagnosis had been missed and they were thinking that her vomiting was caused by a tumour - possibly a brain tumour - and they had recommended X-rays and an ultrasound - and if that showed nothing, an MRI.  Poor Ruby was so thin and very unhappy.  So, the 2nd Vet put Ruby on a specially made Hypoallergenic diet by Royal Canin and nightly steroids and wow, what a difference!  This Vet also said that it is more common than what you might think with dogs and cats developing IBD.  Apparently, the animal develops an allergy or intolerance to either one food or multiple foods or preservatives or something else in the food that upsets them.  It was so confusing because Ruby could eat some foods and keep them down - but other foods, would come up - yet she was asking for food all the time.  Of course, it all makes sense now with the diagnosis.   

He also said that having an X-ray or ultrasound isn't necessary UNLESS Ruby doesn't respond to the special diet food and continues to vomit - so I am glad that my instincts told me to get a 2nd opinion before paying out over $1000 for the tests.  Ruby is eating well and back to her sassy-self - still a bit quiet but putting on weight.  I am being cautiously optimistic - but gosh, it's been a difficult couple of months and I felt like my heart was being ripped out.  It's awful when you see your beloved pet goes downhill.   Ruby is 13-1/2 so not a young cat but oh, we just adore her and we can't imagine our life without her.  

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Happy Easter everyone!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black - Bunny Kiss!  2563H wood-mount, Sentiment - Pink Gem Designs

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Designer Paper:  Craft Consortium - Bloom and Wild 6" x 6" pad

Accessories:  Big Shot, Lyra watercolour pencils, #2 round paintbrush, ribbon - stash, Bow Easy, black Unipin 0.1 marker, Stampin' Up Dazzling Details glitter glue, Perfect Layers Tools, Artstar pink gemstones - Easter - 7mm, Tombow Mono Multi and Mono Aqua glue, Fabric glue, Martha Stewart Score Board, Corner Chomper, Cardstock - rose pink, white + white card base, Ranger Distress watercolour cardstock

Punches:  Martha Stewart Lace Doily edge, EK Success Arrows border

Dies:  Lifestyle Nesting Rounded Squares


2 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sooo happy to read this of Ruby, Jobear, so happy you were led to see, another opionion! And then actually led in the right durdction is even more of a great blessing too.

I’ve not been well last couple of months so been quiet too but still pray for your family and you too.
I’mloving this card you made for your daughter… it’s grand to see you blogging again and glad you didn't delete it like my friend did as her resource is gone and liked to see her original work esp in oriental style piece for ideas at times.

Thanks for Sharing, God bless you all this Easter time when we remember the greatest gift when Jesus gave His life for our sins on Calvary’s tree, how rich we are by faith in Him. Praying our Father will continue to keep you safe, and all those you love,
Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Helen said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...