Thursday, April 7, 2022

Stamperia Forest Anniversary Card

 
Hi everyone 😀

My husband and I will be celebrating our 33rd Wedding Anniversary shortly and this is the card that I made for him:


Our anniversaries are always very low-key as neither of us like a fuss - so we have never exchanged presents or celebrated it with other people.  Our daughter will be making us a lovely dinner at home so it will be just be the 3 of us.  

The main image is by Stamperia - Forest - and was popped up on dimensionals.  I adore this Stamperia range as it is fantastic for making masculine cards.  The leaf paper is by Maja Design - Vintage Autumn Basics No. XVIII - and the bottom designer paper is by Stamperia - House of Roses.  All are matted on cream and dark brown cardstock.

The punched border is an edge punch by Martha Stewart - Arch Lattice - and I added a strip of dark brown cardstock underneath. 

The Star button is by Jesse James - Dress it Up - Lone Stars - and I tied some string through the holes and glued it on using Helmar 450 adhesive.  The ribbon came from KMart (Australia) and I added Fray Stop to the ends to stop them from fraying.  All the layers were ink-blended using Hero Arts Soft Sand ink just to tie in the cardstock with the muted tones of the image and papers.

The tiny burgundy hearts above the foxes are the leftover diecuts from a Sizzix Drifting Hearts die which was a recent purchase from Spotlight.  I love how this die has so many different sized hearts and I can see that I will get a lot of use out of it.  I added some Glossy Accents to the hearts.

I couldn't figure out where to add a sentiment as everything I tried looked weird and threw out the balance of the card - so in the end, I didn't worry about it as I think my husband will be able to tell what the card is for anyway.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  None

Ink:  Hero Arts Soft Sand

Designer Paper:  Stamperia Forest and House of Roses, Maja Design Vintage Autumn Basics No. XVIII

Accessories:  Star button - Jesse James Dress it Up - Lone Stars #215, ribbon and twine (KMart), Fray Stop, Ranger Ink Blending Tool, Perfect Layers Tools, dimensionals, Helmar 450 adhesive, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Glossy Accents, Big Shot, cardstock - dark brown, cream and burgundy

Dies:  Sizzix Drifting Hearts #663451

Punches:  Martha Stewart Arch Lattice edge


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...