Thursday, April 14, 2022

Stamperia Cosmos Get Well Card


Hi everyone 😃

My brother is sick with COVID and this is the card that I made for him:
 

This is also my card for the following Challenges.  Please click on the underlined links to take you to the Challenge.

    Crafty Catz - #590 - Anything Goes
    Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge #267 - Anything Goes
    Splitcoaststampers - Free for All Friday - F4A622 - It's a Guy Thing
    Incy Wincy Designs - April 2022 - Easter +/- Animals

I will be posting him a Care Package with the card and some goodies to make him smile.

The owl image is from the Stamperia Cosmos 12" x 12" pad - as are all the designer papers.  I adore this collection as it has great images for masculine cards.

I didn't have a 'Get Well' wooden embellishment so used a 'Hello' one instead.  It never ceases to amaze me how you can have a gazillion things in your stash and still not have what you need 😏   I attached the sentiment using Helmar 450 adhesive which is an excellent glue for these types of embellishments.

All the layers were trimmed to either 1/16" or 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.  The ribbon is from my stash and I added Fray Stop to the cut ends to stop them from fraying.  The side panel was punched using an EK Success Open Scallop border punch.  

The kraft cardstock is from KMart and the navy blue cardstock is from my stash.  

The bottom three faux brads are Craftwork Cards - Card Candi from their Prince Charming pack.  I have had these in Craft Room for years and rediscovered them recently when looking for something else.  They are domed embellishments that you attach to your project using dimensionals.

Once I had finished the card front, I attached it to a Uniquely Creative white card base.  Finished size is 13.5 cm x 13.5 cm.

I think this card could be used for lots of different occasions just by changing the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and for any comments you care to leave - they are appreciated.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Paper:  Stamperia Cosmos 12" x 12" pad

Accessories:  Dimensionals, ribbon - stash, Fray Stop, Hello sentiment - Kaisercraft Lucky Dip Wooden Flourish pack - Bloom FL597, Perfect Layers Tools, Helmar 450 adhesive, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Craftwork Cards Card Candi - Prince Charming, Cardstock - kraft (KMart), navy blue and Uniquely Creative white card base

Punches:  EK Success Open Scallop border 54-40035


2 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

A lovely card thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week hope your Brother is well soon

Glittertastic said...

Fabulous masculine card - that image is very striking!
Thanks for sharing at the Dream Valley challenge this week.
Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...