Saturday, August 13, 2022

Lili of the Valley Biplane Birthday Card

 
Hi everyone😀

Today I am sharing a birthday card that I made for my husband:


This is also my entry for the following Challenge:

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper - August - any project that uses patterned paper.  If you click on the underlined link, it will take you to the Challenge.

The main image is by Lili of the Valley (UK) and is a pre-coloured digital image which I bought from their Etsy Store and is called:  Simply Print Biplane.  I love that when you buy one of their Simply Print images, it comes as a PDF and has several pages of different sizes so you choose what you need for your card or project.   

I layered the image onto some kraft cardstock then onto some blue designer paper from a Kaisercraft Workshop pad.  I trimmed the edges with my Perfect Layers Tools to 1/16" and 1/8" respectively then popped the image panel up on dimensionals.

The background designer paper is also from the same paper pad.  The punched kraft cardstock border is my old favourite - Fiskars Threading Water punch.  I added the small strip of designer paper above the border just to add some definition between the beige paper and the punched border as I thought it just needed something.

The sentiment is also from the same paper pad.  I added a copper brad on each side which is by Inque Boutique.  I have had these brads for years.  I don't see alot of cards with brads these days so I am guessing they are not in vogue - but I still love them and use them alot especially on masculine cards.

Once I had finished the card front, I glued it to a kraft card base.

Here is a photo of the card inside:



The sentiment is also from the Kaisercraft Workshop pad.  I added a 1/8" strip of the blue designer paper top and bottom.  

I think this card would be suitable for a variety of occasions and not just a birthday.

It's a very simple card but I like unfussy cards for guys.  Plus it is very quick and easy when you have to make a ton of cards for a gazillion birthdays all in the same month 😉

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps and Ink:  None

Designer Paper:  Kaisercraft Workshop 6-1/2" x 6-1/2" pad (2019)

Accessories:  Perfect Layers Tools, Digital Image - LOTV Simple Print Biplane, computer and printer, dimensionals, copper brads - Inque Boutique, paper piercer, Tombow Mono Multi glue, cardstock - kraft, kraft card base


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...