Thursday, August 6, 2026

Concord & 9th Greatest Hits Masculine Birthday Card

 
Hi everyone,

I still had my Concord & 9th Greatest Hits Dies (first released in 2023) out on my desk from making my husband's birthday card (see HERE) so thought I would use them again to make a card for my brother's birthday:


Challenges

This is also my card for the following challenges - click on the underlined link to take you to the challenge:
  • A Perfect Time to Craft - #8 August - Anything Goes
  • The Neglected Stuff Challenge - August - Old Crafting Products you have in your Stash (mine is the designer papers from 2015 and the sentiment is from 2010)
This die set comes with a separate metal circle that makes the grooves in the records which makes them look like real records.  Isn't that cool?!  The record on the far right was popped up on some scraps of cardstock.

The inner coloured circles were diecut from the designer papers - Simple Stories - So Rad - which was released in 2015 so quite old.  The designer paper on the card base is also from the So Rad Paper Pad which was layered onto Kaisercraft Shadow Cardstock with a 1/8" border.

I diecut the blue stars from Doodlebug Bubble Blue Glitter Cardstock.  I wanted orange stars as well but I didn't have quite the right shade in my stash so made my own glitter cardstock.  I coloured some white cardstock with Ranger Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide Ink, dried it with my heat-gun, then added Versamark Watermark Ink over the top.  I poured on some Clear Polysparkle Embossing Powder and heat-set it: voila, your own glitter cardstock.  You can't really see the sparkle in my photo but it is there in real life.  Note that if you don't have any sparkly clear embossing powder, you can make your own by adding some glitter to clear embossing powder.  When you heat-set it, it seals the glitter in.

The sentiment is from a stamp set by Taylored Expressions - You're my Hero - which was first released back in 2010 - so 16 years ago.  I stamped it using Stampin' Up Night of Navy Ink, layered the panel onto designer paper and trimmed it to 1/16" using my We R Memory Keepers Perfect Layers Guides, then popped it up a little on 1mm Mounts.

Once I had finished my card front, I glued it to a Kaisercraft White Card Base.

Finished size is:  6-1/8" x 4-1/4" or 157mm x 118mm.

The card was nice and flat so went through the post with regular postage which was a bonus.  It costs $1.70 to post a letter nowadays in Australia - and if it is slightly thick, it costs $3.40 so if you post alot of cards, it really starts to add up.  Just over a year ago, it was still $1.50 - and the cost just seem to keep increasing and the postie only comes every 2nd day now as well.  Even parcels are very expensive to post now so I think twice before sending one.  I imagine it will all get privatised some day soon so who knows what it will cost then.........

Anyway, I did really enjoy having another play with this die set and I think it is such a great, well-thought-out set that you could use for any age or gender.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Taylored Expressions - You're my Hero (2010-retired)

Ink:  Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Ranger Distress Oxide Carved Pumpkin

Designer Paper:  Simple Stories - So Rad 6" x 6" Paper Pad #6522 (2015-retired)

Accessories:  Big Shot, Heat-gun, Polysparkle Embossing Powder, 1mm Mounts, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Art Glitter Glue, WRMK Perfect Layers Guides, Doodlebug Bubble Blue Glitter Cardstock, Kaisercraft White Card Base, Cardstock - Kaisercraft Shadow + Black + White

Dies:  Concord & 9th Greatest Hits #11785 (2023)


No comments: