Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Concord & 9th Greatest Hits - Taylored Expressions You're My Hero Masculine Birthday Card

 
Hi blogging friends,

My Craft Room has been a hive of activity making masculine cards for all the August birthdays.  And today, I am sharing a Birthday Card that I made for my husband:


Challenges

This is also my card for the following challenges - click on the underlined link to take you to the challenge -
  • A Perfect Time to Craft - #8 August - Anything Goes
  • Tic Tac Toe - TTTC298 - I chose the diagonal top left to right bottom - Sparkle (my sparkly stars), Free, Markers (I used my Zig watercolour markers)

Because my husband is very musical and plays guitar in two bands, I wanted to make a card that celebrated his musicality.

Last year, I bought a die set by Concord and 9th called Greatest Hits and it is a fabulous set.  The record sleeve, records and stars are all from that set.  I love how the set has a die that embosses the rings on the record to make it look like a real one!  The record sleeve was diecut from a sheet of designer paper by Simple Stories - So Rad which was first released in 2015.   I used designer paper for the coloured circles on the records.

The sentiment is from an old Taylored Expressions Stamp Set called You're my Hero which was first released in 2010.  I stamped it using Stampin' Up Night of Navy Ink.  I glued on a strip of designer paper along the bottom of the sleeve because it looked a little bare.

The guitar is also from this same Taylored Expressions Set.  I stamped it onto Ranger Watercolour Cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and coloured it using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and a Zig Blender Pen.  The guitar body and neck are separate stamps in the set so you have the option of mixing and matching the guitar body that you want as there are four different guitar bodies to choose from.  Once I had coloured my images, I diecut them using the matching dies which are called Rock On, then glued the neck to the guitar.  I added some Silver Posca Pen to the tuner pegs on the guitar neck, then added Glossy Accents to the entire guitar to make it look all shiny like a real guitar.  I did add 1mm mounts to the guitar to pop it up a little.

The designer paper on the card base is also from the So Rad Paper Pad and was layered onto Kaisercraft Shadow Cardstock.

The Gold Guitar Pick on the record sleeve was diecut using a Hunkdory Moonstone Rock 'n Roll Guitar Die.  I bought this die set last year but it was first released in 2023.  I love how it embossed the detail on the pick.  I popped it up on a 1.5 mm mount.

The Orange Glitter Stars were diecut from glittered foam using the 3 stars in the Concord and 9th Die Set.  I don't know where this orange glittered foam came from but found it in my stash of glittered cardstock when I was looking for something that matched the designer papers.

I had so much fun making this card and enjoyed co-ordinating elements from the different brands.  

Once I had finished my card front, I glued it to a Kaisercraft White Card Base using Tombow Mono Multi Glue.

Finished size is:  4-1/4" x 6-1/8" or 117mm x 156mm.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Taylored Expressions You're My Hero (2010 - retired)

Ink:  Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Versafine Onyx Black

Designer Paper:  Simple Stories So Rad 6 x 6 inch Pad #6522 (2015 - retired)

Accessories:   Big Shot, Orange Glitter Foam, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, Zig Blender Pen, Glossy Accents, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Art Glitter Glue, 1mm + 1.5mm Mounts, Silver Posca Pen, Stamping Platform, Ranger Watercolour Cardstock, Gold Foil Cardstock, Kaisercraft White Card Base, Cardstock - Kaisercraft Shadow + Black + White

Dies:  Taylored Expressions Rock On TE260 (2010 - retired), Concord and 9th Greatest Hits #11785, Hunkydory Moonstone Rock 'n Roll Guitar


No comments: